just as i'd rehearsed over in my brain

As you fall into your dream as you do every night, this one feels..

Different.

It's all playing out the same, it's as real as each time the dream musters up in your sleep.. but it feels..

Closer.

It's almost as if the dream is walking the path of reality, as if it really isn't a dream. 

Reality is inching closer and closer to you.

You aren't sure how much longer you can ignore it and erase it from your mind each time you awaken.

Your poem of reality is coming for you once more.

Your only escape will become what you're escaping from.

It's near.

As you awake, you feel an extreme paranoia fill your chest. It feels as if your own thoughts are against you, injecting this anxiety in your heart. How rude.

You climb over Asa and sit at your desk, grabbing your notebook and flipping through the pages. You find the poem you refused to let her read.

You read it over and over, pressing your head against the notebook. You aren't sure what to do, but you can't ignore it any longer. You also can't tell Asa because it'll bring nothing but worry. You don't wanna cause her anymore stress.

You remove your heart and hold it, gently kissing the side of it. Gotta calm down..

Its heart beat slows as you continue to hold it in your hands. You feel a bit better.

As you sigh and put it back in your chest, you climb back into bed and cuddle up to Asa. You have to go to school soon, and you can't miss anymore days. Despite your distaste for school, you still gotta learn. Plus, you'll get in big trouble soon if you stop going completely.

Might as well wake her.

"Asaaa.." You whisper in her ear, gently shaking her. She groans quietly and flips over towards you, wrapping her arms around you. "Mmm.. wuh.."

"We're going to school today. Our grades are gonna go to shit soon and learnin' is pretty important.."

"Mmmmm.. y.. yeah.."

"We don't got that long to get to school, so we should, like.. get up.."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Asa."

"Mmm.. AH!" She sits up quickly and hits her head against yours. "Ow.. ow.." She holds her head.

"Jeez, why'd you get up so fast!"

"I would've fell back asleep if I didn't.. so I jerked my body awake." Bit dramatic, but it does work. She yawns and fixes her bangs, turning her head towards you. "Well? Are you gonna get up?"

You sit up and bump yourself into her, giggling a bit. She bumps you back and you both giggle. "We should hurry up and get ready, 'kay?" You say, getting out of bed.

"Mkay."

After you both get ready and grab your bags, you begin making your way to school. The rubble from that office building has been cleared up, so you can take that path now.