give me the thing i love (or don't)

You sit against the wall, rubbing Chester's stomach and causing him to purr. Asa's laying her head on your shoulder. You've both been quiet for quite a while, but you're not sure what to say.

Some time passes. "I hope we don't get caught." Asa whispers. You turn your head a little bit, but you make sure not to accidentally push her off your shoulder. "I'm sure we won't. You seemed pretty confident when you talked about hidin' the body." She hums in worry. "I guess.. but.. I can't help but think about it, though.."

"Is there anything I can do to help you relax?" You say softly. She goes quiet.

"Mm.." She looks at you from the corner of her eye as her eyes travel down your face. "I feel better when I look at you.." She whispers in a gentle tone.

You turn your head all the way and gaze into her eyes.

Her face rests, and she leans in to kiss your cheek.

"Rude. You left me all alone."

EEP! Yoru, don't scare me like that! Jeez!

She pulls away and hugs your arm, laying her head on your shoulder again. You rest your head upon hers.

"Why don't you continue to kiss her? It's obvious you want to."

W-Well.. I don't wanna make her uncomfortable..

"..I doubt you would. I can tell she wants to as well."

I-I'm just nervous, I guess.

"I see. I've taken a liking to this girl. She's intriguing."

Oh? Do you mean you got a little crush?

"..No."

Liar.

"I'm not lying! Stop putting your thoughts into my head!"

You basically live in my head. How could I not?

"You have a point.. well, I suppose I do then, since we share emotions."

Aww, that's kinda sweet in a way.

"Stop it."

...

Are you afraid of love?

Yoru goes silent and decides to ignore Asa.

I won't judge you.. I don't really know you all that well. If you're gonna live in my head, I'd at least like to know you better.

"..."

Don't be like that, please.

"It's unnatural. It's new to me."

New things are scary, but if you let it in, I'm sure you won't regret it.

"How do you know?"

I don't.. but it's worth a try, right?

"It wouldn't serve me to achieve my goal."

It doesn't have to. What're you gonna do after we kill him, anyway?

"I'll give you your body back as we agreed, and then I'll make sure war isn't forgotten."

How?

"..I'll figure it out."

Well.. for now, at least, I think it'll be good to experience this at least once.

"I'll think about it."

Okay.

Chester gets up and jumps off the bed, bumping into the door and sliding out of it before it closes. "Where's he going..?" You ask. "No clue.. maybe he had to go to the litter box?"