Chapter 21

The situation spiraled out of control with incredible speed. In Snezhnaya, a mass evacuation is underway as the looming threat of war pushes its inhabitants to seek refuge in other nations.

The Unknown God is en route, determined to reach you at any cost. Zhongli and the other archons were adamant about keeping you far from Snezhnaya, fearing for your safety. However, you refused to let them jeopardize their lives for yours.

"I won't let her harm you, as long as she has me," you assured the seven archons of Teyvat in Snezhnaya.

Nahida, filled with worry, asked, "What if she manipulates you or, worse, kills you?"

"Not if I defeat her first. Come on, Buer. Don't you trust me?" you countered confidently.

She hesitated, trusting you with her life but uncertain if she could trust you with yourself.

"I can't agree to this," Morax finally spoke up. "I can't risk you. No."

"If you don't, people will die. We don't want that, right?" you reasoned, giving him a weak smile. "I pinkie promise I will return unharmed."

Zhongli struggled with his emotions, on the verge of tears, but maintained a tough exterior.

"Hey, deepshit," Wanderer's voice interrupted, signaling that it was time.

"Alright," you stood up and addressed the Tsaritsa, "I'm going, mum. Wish me luck." She met your gaze with a cold stare as you turned your back and followed Wanderer.

In the hallway, heated arguments could be heard between you and Wanderer.

The Tsaritsa lowered her head, burying her face in the crook of her elbow, overwhelmed with guilt for everything that had unfolded.

***

The unforgiving weather of Snezhnaya suddenly transformed into a serene calm. It felt as though time had frozen, and the sun began to illuminate the pristine plains.

"You're the cause of all this," you declared, standing barefoot outside the Palace, with Wanderer behind you.

"We haven't spoken in ages," you remarked to Wanderer as you strolled together.

"Yeah, maybe it's for the best," he replied, and both of you shared a chuckle.

"Will you watch over them while I'm away?" you asked, and he rolled his eyes.

"Really? Are we going to do this?"

You laughed, placing your arm on his shoulder. "Yeah, you're right. It's not worth it," you conceded, tipping his hat. "You know, your hat looks really good on you."

"I know. Do you think I'd wear this if it didn't?"

"Just take the compliment!"

The wind ceased, and the snow reflected blinding light.

A strange sensation enveloped you once again, a feeling previously unknown.

"Stay back," you warned Wanderer.

"Do you think I'm—"

"Shhh!" you hushed him.

Then she appeared, walking towards you. Her amber eyes locked onto yours, intensifying the peculiar sensation.

"Y/n!" you heard the Tsaritsa call. "Please come back! We can resolve this in a different way."

You smiled kindly at her.