Chapter 20

The Moon Chase concluded last night, signaling a return to normalcy. However, Zhongli, amidst his vacation, expressed a desire to take you on a trip to Mondstadt. He had meticulously arranged everything, securing accommodations for both of you.

Despite the serene atmosphere, he hadn't informed you about the plan, mindful of the recent discord between you and Venti. With Ei returning to Inazuma and other Harbingers dispersed in Snezhnaya, the situation seemed calm.

"Darling, have you seen the book I've been reading lately?" you inquired, searching under the bed.

"In the living room, on the coffee table," Zhongli replied while brushing his teeth.

"Thank you!" You rushed to the living room, only to hear a knock on the door. "Leah, someone's at the door!" you called, but Leah was nowhere to be found.

"Leah?" you called again, receiving no response. Deciding to answer the door yourself, you were surprised to find Cyno, Tighnary, Collei, Kaveh, and Alhaitham.

"Haitham! Kaveh! Everyone, what are you doing here?" you exclaimed, opening the door wider.

"We were on our way to Mondstadt when Geovishaps attacked us. Two of our members are severely injured," Cyno explained.

"Come in," you invited, unaware of the injured members. Kaveh and Alhaitham carried them inside.

"What happened?" Zhongli arrived to assist.

"They were attacked on their way here. I'll go get Baizhu," you declared, but Zhongli held your hand.

"I'll go. Stay here with them." Zhongli left to fetch Baizhu.

When Baizhu arrived, he began treating Candece and Dehya. "They'll be fine after a good rest," Baizhu assured you, noting your concern.

"Alright, you guys should stay here tonight," you suggested to the guests.

Zhongli expressed gratitude to Baizhu for his assistance. Leah returned home after buying groceries and joined in caring for the guests.

Guiding them to their rooms, you and Leah served food and drinks. Zhongli wrapped his arms around you and asked, "Are you okay, darling?"

"Yeah, why?" you responded, leaning against his chest.

"You look stressed and worried, darling."

You sighed, "I just want to take care of them," your maternal instinct surfacing again.

"They'll be fine. I assure you that," Zhongli comforted, running his fingers through your hair. "They're going to Mondstadt, right?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want us to join them? You know, so we can also have time together."

Breaking the hug, you looked at him. "For real?" you asked.

"Yes, why not?"

You smiled and kissed him. "You're the best."

***

You woke up from your afternoon nap and headed to the kitchen, finding the group engaged in conversation with Zhongli in the living room.

"General, I'm glad you're awake. Snacks are served," Leah greeted you.

"Thank you," you smiled, glancing at Candace and noticing the peculiar resemblance in her eyes to yours.

"General," Candace addressed you, bowing her head. "I'm Candace."

You were momentarily at a loss for words, staring at her eyes. "Y/n, you alright?" Alhaitham asked.