Chapter 17

When Zhongli found out you're having a fever, he instantly left work and got to you.

"Your country, it's very hot." You jokingly complain to Zhongli when he checks on you.

He chuckled and wiped the sweat under your nose with tissue paper.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want me to ask the Tsaritsa to freeze the harbor again?" He asked.

"No! Don't call her here." You respond, and Zhongli chuckles.

"Alright, boss." He then wipes the sweat from your forehead. "Anything that you want? I can ask Baizhu if we could borrow Qiqi."

You smile and cup his cheek.

"I'm alright. Don't disturb my little Qiqi. She must be busy looking after the pharmacy, and you, sir, should be making up to the funeral parlor! You missed lots of work days because of me."

"It's alright, I prefer spending time with my lady."

You smile and kiss his palm.

"I'm fine. It's just a fever. You go and do your job. Just promise me you'll come home to me later."

"I promise."

He kissed your forehead and got up. He left your room and went back to his job.

You just slept the whole day, but only when Columbina went to your side and cuddled with you.

"You're so hot; let's go to the doctor," she said.

"No, I don't want to."

"Y/n, you're being hardheaded again," she said to you.

"I don't want to worry everyone. It's just a fever," you said.

"I'm just worried."

"See? I don't want that. I'm fine. Please stop worrying. AH!" You suddenly felt a pain on your head.

"Y/n!" Columbina instantly went to action. She opened the door and called Leah for help.

They called Baizhu, and he instantly went to check on you.

"Something is triggering her headache. Her left eye is changing color," Baizhu said.

"S-she's a Khaenri'an. Is it a huge impact?" Columbina worriedly asked.

"We still don't know. I am not all knowing about what happened to Khaenri'ah," Baizhu responds, carefully resting his hand on his tummy.

"Right, Dottore. Would you stay here with Y/N for a moment? I'm going to call someone."

"Of course, ma'am," Baizhu said, and Columbina got up.

She prepared herself to go back to Snezhnaya when she saw Dottore walking towards the house.

"Dottore! Oh my god, thank god you're here." Columbina rushes to him.

"I know, isn't it perfect timing?" he chuckled.

"This is serious! Y/N is having a high fever, and her head is hurting a lot!"

"I know all that. She's having an infection. She has a wound on her left leg. Don't worry, it's an easy fix," Dottore said while looking at a device.

"What's that? Does Y/N know you put something in place to monitor her again?!"

"Relax. It's Y/N's idea, actually. She's worried that things might get messy about her health. Let's just say she bought health insurance from me." Dottore went inside the house. "Where's my baby girl?"