Chapter 18

People began approaching and striking up conversations with you. Initially, you felt shy about engaging with them, but the presence of Ningguang and Keqing offered support.

"Look, I think she likes you," Ningguang remarked, extending her hand towards you, a child named Yuhan in tow.

"You can hold her if you want, ma'am," the child's mother encouraged. After some hesitation, you stretched out your arms, and the mother carefully transferred Yuhan to you.

"H-hi," you nervously greeted.

"Her name is Yuhan, my lady," the mother introduced.

"Hello, Yuhan," you responded, gently swaying the baby. Yuhan giggled and touched your face.

"Good afternoon."

As Zhongli approached, everyone bowed to him, but his eyes were fixed on you.

"Good afternoon, my lord," Ningguang responded on behalf of the group.

"How did you manage to get the General out of her chamber?" Zhongli inquired, caressing the child's cheek with his index finger.

"Well, we just barged into the gate," Ningguang replied, and Zhongli chuckled.

"Most likely," he agreed, leaning in to kiss your forehead.

Yuhan started to giggle and got excited, pulling down your eyepatch.

"Yuhan!" her mother exclaimed, but you shook your head.

"I-it's alright," you said, blinking your eyes to adjust to the sunlight. Fearful of exposing your eyes, you hesitated.

"Here," Zhongli assisted you in putting the eyepatch back on.

"T-thank you," you stammered, nervously smiling. He caressed your cheek and smiled.

"I forgot something in our room, excuse me," Zhongli said, heading inside.

As you turned to the people, you noticed their fond smiles, realizing the connection between you and their Archon. Blushing, you puffed your cheeks in an attempt to control your embarrassment.

Ningguang burst into laughter, and Yuhan cupped your cheeks, kissing the tip of your nose. You smiled, closing your eyes.

"Leah," you called.

"Yes, General."

"Prepare the food they brought so we can eat together," you instructed.

"Of course, ma'am. Right away," Leah replied and began to move.

Yuhan started to cry, prompting you to hand her back to her mother. Later, Zhongli emerged from the house holding a notebook.

"I will be late for tonight, darling. But I'll be home," he assured you.

"O-okay. Careful."

"Hmm. I love you," he said, leaning down to kiss your lips before leaving, leaving you stunned.

"General, food is served," Leah said, snapping you back to reality.

"R-right. Call the others and eat," you said, composing yourself.

"Are you not going to eat?" Ningguang asked.

"I just ate my lunch, but I'll try the desserts," you responded.

"I'll get you," she said, hurrying to fetch a plate of various desserts.

After the people left, Leah escorted you to your room.

"Thank you for lending us your time, General," Leah expressed, and you smiled before going to bed.

Your nap went slightly over, and upon waking up, you found Zhongli writing notes in the living room.