Chapter 11

The following morning, as you awoke, you sensed a hand gently clasping yours. Turning to your side, you discovered Qiqi by your bedside. A smile played on your lips as you tenderly caressed her cold hand, but she recoiled upon making eye contact.

"Miss Y/n... Good morning," she greeted.

"Good morning, Qiqi," you replied, pushing yourself to sit up.

"How... Is your sleep?"

"Very good. Thanks for taking care of me," you responded, adjusting her cap.

"I'll bring you your food, with cocogoat... So you recover fast."

"Don't worry about it. I'll be going now. Where's Baizhu?"

"Baizhu is out. He entrusted me to take care of you."

Chuckling, you stood up and walked to the window, greeted by the already risen sun.

"Will you accompany me to our camp then?" you asked Qiqi, and she promptly rose.

"Okay..."

Exiting the Pharmacy, you realized your shoes had disappeared, leaving you to traverse barefoot.

Arriving at the camp, you found the Tsaritsa engrossed in conversation with Ningguang and Zhongli. Spotting you with Qiqi, she rushed to embrace you.

"Y/n! Why did you leave the clinic?"

"I'm feeling better now. I apologize for making you worry," you said, turning to Ningguang and Zhongli and bowing. "I'm sorry for the trouble. As per our agreement, I'm here to receive my punishment."

"Y/n..." The Tsaritsa rested her hands on your arms.

"Please, don't blame the Tsaritsa. It's my fault, and I should be the one to face punishment," you knelt before them.

"Y-Y/n..."

"General, we should apologize for our people's conduct. You almost lost your life, an unforgivable act towards a diplomat from another nation. Please forgive us," Ningguang added, kneeling alongside you.

The Tsaritsa helped you up, noticing fresh blood on your shirt from the reopened stitches.

"Q-Qiqi, please call Doctor Baizhu," she requested.

"Okay..." Qiqi hurried back to the harbor to find Baizhu.

"Sit down, Y/n," the Tsaritsa insisted, and you realized you were bleeding again.

"I'm fine," you said, removing her hands when blood started to drip.

"You're not! Can you stop being so stubborn for once?!"

"Stop worrying! Can you stop?! I said I'm fine. Stop treating me like a human being because I'm not. It's just a wound; it will heal. So stop. Leave me alone," you said, walking away.

In your room, you lay on the bed, indifferent to the blood staining the sheets. Unbeknownst to you, tears welled up in your eyes. The sight of Zhongli's indifference hurt and angered you. Grabbing a glass, you poured yourself water, trying to calm down, feeling an overwhelming urge to scream.

Overwhelmed by emotions, you snapped. The Tsaritsa, Morax, and Ningguang awaited Qiqi's return when you emerged from your room, covered in blood, wielding a sword.

Ningguang gasped, and they all stared in shock.

"I-I don't know what I've done," you uttered before collapsing with the sword.

Ningguang rushed to you, and the Tsaritsa checked your room for others. Finding no one, she returned to the scene.

"She harmed herself," Ningguang reported.