'*:;,.★ Chapter Nine ☆・:.,;*

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I got more where that came from," she taunted with a smirk.

It was obviously an empty threat, yet it still sent a chill down the cloudknights' spines. They thoroughly believed she could have done more had Jing Yuan not been present.

"Tsk, if you want to save your man you'll keep that mouth shut," his smile faded as he threw her down, a loud thud cut through the tension filled silence.

'My what?' Y/N thought. The pain and exhaustion distracted her from fully comprehending Jing Yuan's comment.

Jing Yuan dusted his hands off, stepping back to turn towards Dan Heng. Only, Dan Heng beat him first.

"General-!" a knight shouted as he rushed towards Jing Yuan.

An explosion of light encapsulated the room, monentarily blinding everyone.

"What's happening?!" another knight screamed in confusion.

"Protect the General!" a third hollered.

Jing Yuan squinted with a hand covering his face, blocking the light. He could see the shadow of Dan Heng behind rolling waves of water. Those jade eyes were emitting the same dangerous glow from before.

Soon after, a beastly outcry roared as a dragon of cloud and water emerged from the fading light. It's growl was powerful enough to make the whole room shake, frightening the knights as it circled them.

A light rain began to pour from the dragon's wake. It picked up speed, opening it's mouth to bare it's humongous fangs in a threatening manner. With a final round of the room, it flew towards the high ceiling, slowing down for a brief moment as it reached the top.

Another bellowing roar rang in everyone's ears as it dove down, charging at an incredible speed to it's creator with it's jaws wide open.

"D-did it just eat him?!" a knight cried out. The overwhelment caused him to faint moments after.

"Hey! Get up soldier!" the leader commanded frantically as he tried slapping his comrade awake. Though everyone could hear the fear laced in the poor man's voice as well.

The dragon had disappeared, dispersing into shapeless water upon crashing into Dan Heng. Only the pitter patter of rain and sounds of light splashing remained as he stepped towards the scattered group.

His appearance had completely changed, and Jing Yuan didn't look the least bit surprised. He recognised that look all too well. Horns had emerged on Dan Heng's head, and a flowing tail from his lower torso. His hair had grown much longer with the edges tinted in green. He was adorned in traditional, regal Luofu attire - with some adjustments it seemed. Jing Yuan reactively scrunched his face at Dan Heng's exposed upper chest and toned shoulders.

The Vidyadhara man carelessly kicked away the chains that held his feet. They had been easily severed by his dragon.

"A General who abuses his prisoners to make ends meet...," he started.

Jing Yuan cautiously entered a fighting stance, preparing to take on the enraged dragon. He never meant for Y/N to get hurt, but he knew reasoning would be pointless in his current state.

"Does not deserve such a title," Dan Heng seethed.

The glow in his irises relit as he raised his hand, pointing two fingers in the air. The ground trembled and glowed in jade. Low growling errupted as the same dragon slowly emerged around Dan Heng.

"Everyone get back!" Jing Yuan bellowed, jumping away from the ground that glowed beneath him.

The cloudknights clambered up the stairwell in an unorganished rush, barely escaping Dan Heng's wrath.