'*:;,.★ Chapter Five ☆・:.,;*

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Something told him this may not be the last time he'd run into her. Little did he know, the young Vidyadhara was already aware of his arrival.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Do you admit guilty to concealing information in regards to a wanted offender?" a deep, authoritative voice dominated the dimly lit room.

A tall man with long, dark hair stood at the centre. His face was barely visible in the shadows, but those piercing red eyes could be seen from a mile away. They were cold, ruthless, lifeless - they conveyed no fear.

He uttered no words, merely snickering to himself. He stared keenly towards the white haired General standing before him, who was awaiting for his answer.

'How ridiculous,' he thought, a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

"General Jing Yuan, there are other matters that need your immediate attention," a timid voice called, most likely one of his subordinates.

Jing Yuan sighed in exhaustion. He was tired of ending day after day with no results. They had failed to gain any sort of insight regarding their captive's intentions, or any intel he may have posessed. He held his hand up towards the messenger, signaling him to leave.

"You can't do this forever, Blade. All I want to know is whether you know the whereabouts of Dan Feng. You will be pardonned and given your freedom for doing so."

Jing Yuan was now standing directly in front of the other man. The sharp glare of the General's golden eyes rivaled that of Blade's. Tension in the air was thick as the two men had a silent show down, waiting to see who broke first.

"I know nothing," the dark haired man finally spoke.

"You're lying," Jing Yuan smiled bitterly at Blade's half-hearted response, his blood boiling with impatience and anger.

"Dan Feng is dead," Blade simply stated.

"You know very well how his kind operate."

"I do, but they're not immortal. What makes you so certain he's alive, General?" Blade questioned, his smirk refusing to falter.

"Fu Xuan's divination, obviously."

"That so? Well, you're asking for answers from the wrong person then."

"You're the most probable option to ask, since you're close friends with him."

"Was," Blade spat.

The very term 'friend' gave him an undeniable ick. People are all pawns waiting to be used by others. To him, there was no such thing as friends. Everyone will turn their back on you eventually - it was simply inevitable. The idea of being affiliated with that traitor was sickening to his core.

"The fact you showed zero sign of surprise to what I've just said is proof. You know he's alive. I don't care for your current friendship status, I just want to know where he is."

"That means nothing. I don't know anything," Blade persisted.

Jing Yuan was right, to some degree. Blade knew that Dan Feng was alive, but not in the way Jing Yuan believes him to be. He didn't think this would be the reason he was held captive. In the court, he was deemed guilty of some crime they pulled out their asses. It made no sense to him initially.

Turns out it was all an elaborate farce to fool the public eye. He was just being used - again. A pawn in Jing Yuan's secret scheme to find the very bastard he wanted to forget. He never wanted to see him again, let alone hear his name. But here he was. Imprisoned and interrogated because of him. It felt like betrayal all over again.