'*:;,.★ Chapter Seven ☆・:.,;*

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The two continued to banter and talk into early morning. Dan Heng felt free from the shackles of his past whenever he was with Y/N, which made her company all the more addicting. He wished it could last forever.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Y/N? Dan Heng? What are you doing up so early?" March yawned groggily. She had yet to fully wake up, but that didn't stop her from sending a mischievious grin their way.

"I didn't walk in on something, did I?" she asked with playful innocence.

"Oh, no. You didn't. We were just having breakfast," Dan Heng answered flatly in his usual monotonous tone. He was rather dense in picking up March's attempt at teasing.

She stared at him in disappointment.

"Right."

Y/N chuckled as she watched them interact. She knew what March was getting at, but she was much too embarrassed to even think of it, let alone try to process it. She wasn't sure if 'interest' was the right word, but she definitely had a blossoming curiosity for the mysterious boy in front of her.

Suddenly, a dull ache began in her chest. Her hand reached for the pulsing feeling, stopping when it grazed the area in which the stellaron inhabited. She couldn't quite describe the feeling. It wasn't exactly painful, but it was bothersome, as if it was calling to her.

"Y/N."

She quickly dropped her hand, snapping out of her little daze. She looked brightly towards Dan Heng, pretending nothing had happened.

"Yes!"

"You zoned out. Are you alright?" he asked with concern laced in his words.

"Yeah! Sorry, I guess I must be a little more tired than I anticipated," Y/N gave her best fake smile.

She couldn't have him worrying over her when he had his own problems to deal with. Dan Heng nodded, but she could sense he was somewhat doubtful of her answer.

"Good morning, everyone," Welt greeted as he walked into the room with Himeko close behind.

"We've found more intel regarding Blade," he continued. "Let's all sit down for this."

Everyone gathered around a table, sitting on the cushioned red couches. Y/N offered Himeko some coffee she had brewed, to which Himeko accepted graciously. They quickly shared their 'good mornings,' casually asking how their night went and other small talk before getting to Welt's point.

"So it turns out, Blade was exiled from the Xianzhou Alliance. The reason stated is for pursuing and obtaining immortality," Welt tapped his chin in thought as he read his findings.

"Immortality? Aren't Luofu people immortal already?" March asked.

"Not quite. They are considered long life species. They can live for hundreds or even thousands of years, but they ultimately face the same fate we do - death," Welt explained to her.

"Ohh right," March hummed in thought.

"Wait, then how old are you?!" she pointed to Dan Heng.

"Don't tell me you're secretly, like, 500 and we had no idea?!" she wrapped her arms around herself protectively, shivering at the disturbing thought.

"Ah no, I can assure you I'm actually 21," he deadpanned her, quickly clearing up her ludicrous inquiry.

"Thank the stars," she sighed in relief, releasing her grasp on her body.