'*:;,.★ Chapter Four ☆・:.,;*

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

But aside from that, he also needed a moment to mentally prepare himself. He paced through the empty hallway, noticing the large, floating ship within his peripheral vision just out the window. He refused to fully look at it. He couldn't bear the idea of facing that place again, but he had no choice. Dan Heng took a deep breath as anxiety settled within the pit of his stomach, unsure of the events that were to come.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Y/N breathed in the fresh air as she exited the Express. She thoroughly enjoyed the light breeze that flowed through her hair. It was exactly what she needed to calm the leftover nausea within her system.

The bustling dock of Aurum Alley was brimming with life and activity. Children dashed through the streets, errupting with laughter as they chased one another. The delicious aroma of food was unavoidable and tempted everyone who walked past a stall.

"I heard Aurum Alley was back in business recently and has become a popular attraction for tourists," Himeko shared thoughtfully.

"I thought it would be a good idea to dock here to check it out since we're visiting."

"Do you smell that?!" March eagerly scanned the area, searching for the scent's whereabouts.

"Oh there!" she pointed at a food stall selling an assortment of sweets and delicacies she had never seen before. Red bean buns, tanghulu, and panda-shaped rice cakes sat proudly on the store front, waiting for March to waffle them down.

"Come with me, Himeko!" March giggled as she threaded her arm through the red headed woman's, tugging her impatiently.

"Okay! Okay!" she laughed at March's excited energy.

"But everyone, remember why we're here. Keep your eyes and ears open. Let us know if anyone gathers intel regarding Blade!" Himeko called out to the rest of the crew whilst March made a bee line for the desserts, dragging her behind in the process.

"I'm going to stay on the train. I have some business I must attend to. Himeko left me some records to read up regarding our target," Welt explained, adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Y/N, Dan Heng, you two go enjoy yourselves while you can," Welt encouraged.

Dan Heng nodded slowly, uncertain on whether he could fulfill that order. Welt took notice of his delayed reaction and frowned.

"Dan Heng, do try to relax a little. I can see you've been stressing over this trip," Welt urged him worriedly.

"Look out for him, Y/N."

Welt didn't need to tell Y/N twice. She had seen subtle signs from Dan Heng. The way he fidgeted uncomfortably, or spaced out whilst staring off into the distance at random times.

Y/N waved off the older man as he left the two alone. She frowned when she turned to her dark haired friend, who still wouldn't look at her. His long bangs partially hid his jade coloured eyes. It made her wonder how he could see anything through his hairdo, since it seemed to obstruct his vision quite a bit.

Dan Heng was being somewhat distant since early morning. She was worried she may have been too much and upset him. Either way, she was determined to mend things between them.

"Hey, I'm sorry," Y/N started cautiously, tucking loose hair behind her ear out of habit.

"I overreacted earlier. I know it wasn't your fault for well, you know."

A confused expression appeared on Dan Heng's face as his eyes finally found their way to her's.

"Why are you apologising? March and I shouldn't have entered without your approval. The blame is ours," he answered. The breeze fanned his hair softly, guiding his bangs away from his eyes.