Kabanata 38 (Holy Water)

KABANATA 38

Shuen's POV

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!

The rain was pouring heavily, seemingly non-stop. I could barely see outside because of the intensity of the rainfall. All I could hear was the sound of the raindrops hitting the car roof. I couldn't understand why the rain suddenly poured this heavily, especially since just earlier we were at the golf club under sunny skies.

And to make matters worse, Diovanni's car was broken, so I had no choice but to endure his presence. Why did I have to be involved in his misfortune? Now, I had to be with him all night.

"What are we going to do now? My phone doesn't have signal either?!" I complained because I couldn't use my phone in this situation.

"Let me try my phone. I'll call Mang Roel," he said as the water dripped from his wet clothes.

I wanted to scold him because I was so frustrated with him right now, but I couldn't help but worry. He might catch a cold or get sick, and he might blame me.

"Don't you have spare clothes with you? You're all soaked, you might catch a cold," I said, trying to hide my concern in my voice.

He looked at me. "My backpack from earlier, it's in the back," he replied, so I looked at the backseat to find what he was talking about.

He noticed that I had no intention of getting it from the back, so he was about to get it when I stopped his hand.

"I'll do it," I offered before reaching for it in the backseat. "Oops!" I didn't mean to throw it at him, but it accidentally hit his head and he bumped into the car door.

He immediately looked at me with a questioning look in his eyes. "Seriously? Why did you have to throw it? Can't you hand it over properly? Tsk!" he said, clearly irritated, shaking his head.

"Change your clothes," I said seriously before rolling my eyes. "Who told you to enjoy the rain? Psh!" I muttered before turning away.

"You're muttering, but I can still hear you!" he said, glaring at me.

"Do you have something to say, Mr. de Marcel?" I sarcastically asked, but he just shook his head before nonchalantly taking off his wet clothes.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw his toned chest, as well as his abs that seemed to entice me. It had been so long since I last saw them. Back when I still had so much love for Diovanni.

So before I completely lost myself, I quickly looked away. But his image seemed to be etched in my mind. Why did he suddenly undress in front of me? It's annoying!

I could feel the heat spreading across my face. I suddenly felt a warmth that I couldn't quite explain. I wanted to scold myself for it. Shuen, calm down. Don't give in to temptation. Don't drown in this again. Come on, Shuen! You should have learned!

I didn't look back at him and simply turned around. Until I felt my stomach grumble. I tried to ignore it even though I knew I was hungry, I could endure it. Why did this have to happen!

Soon enough, Diovanni handed me a sandwich, a piece of it. I was surprised and looked at him, his face serious.

"What's this?" I asked.

He sighed. "I know you're hungry," he replied before taking my hand and placing the sandwich in it. How did he know I was hungry? It's impossible for him to have heard my stomach growl, the rain was too loud.

I handed it back to him. "No, thank you. I can take care of myself."

"I know," he agreed. "But I don't want to think that you're hungry because of me. Eat it because that's all I can offer you right now," he explained before handing me the sandwich again.