⇨ Chapter 5

Andreas pov

"I'm Andrea." I introduce myself, "it's nice to meet you."

Mason looks both sweet and kind with a giant smile plastered on his face, I spotted his cute hazel eyes and funny-looking blonde scruffy hair, he appears to be a joyous, full of life type of person.

"What were we on about sorry?" He scratches the nape of his neck trying to remember what he was talking about, "ah yes! Would you like to join our college running group?"

They have a running group here? To be honest, I don't even know why I'd want to join. I only run for myself as it's a personal thing, I feel that running with a group will make me loose sight of focuses or goals that I have.

"What's in it for me?" I ask sarcastically leaning against my door.

"Teamwork and companionship..?" He tries to convince me, "look, if you enjoy running and want to make friends then this would be a great opportunity to do two things in the same place." He explains.

I consider his offer before realising what he said, "what makes you think I don't have friends?" I ask, bold of him to assume right? I mean he's not exactly wrong but it's not fair to just think that!

"I'm not assuming! It was just a kind gesture in case you wanted to get to know people!" He defends, I laugh lightly at his rushed response.

"I'll think about it, thanks Mason."  I reply.

He opens his mouth about to say somethi-

"Hey Mason!" A voice calls out to him, "a little help here?"

Another guy walks up to him with several brown boxes, they look particularly heavy as he begins stumbling over his own feet struggling to keep the boxes upright. Mason hurriedly takes a couple boxes off his friend, "thanks" he says relaxing a little.

Mason nods before asking me a question, "just quickly, are you coming to the party later on?"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "there's a party later?"

"There is!" He places the boxes gently on the floor and then digs into his back pocket finding a crumpled piece of paper and a faulty pen. He starts writing down the details, "my friend is hosting it at his house, you should come."

He passes me the sheet and I thank him, I take a look at what was written; '139 cherish street, 9pm' I don't have any plans so technically I can go.. but do I really want to get drunk the weekend before college starts? Erm, not quite.

He re-stacks the boxes again before speaking, "Will I see you there?" he asks.

I smile shortly before replying, "Maybe."

From the corner of my eye I see his friend bump into his shoulder, "stop flirting and come help." He winks at me.

"Alright sorry, it was lovely to meet you Andrea." He smiles awkwardly.

"You too mason." I smile back, he walks away and I watch as he slips into the dorm across the hall.

I stand there for a few seconds opening my phone then unlocking my door. I began to walk in whilst messaging my mother politely to see if she has any spare money she could lend me for some new clothes to wear at the party. Waiting for her reply I pull out more suitable clothes for the mean time and put them on.

❀ ❀ ❀

"Andrea!" Ava hastily barges into the dorm room with her makeup smeared down her face and stumbling all over the place, "sorry! I kinda got caught up last night."