⇨ Chapter 7

Andreas pov

"What are you doing?" I pin myself against the counter confused, I reluctantly twist the faucet to a close and divert my gaze back at him.

Have they not realised where he's gone? We've both left the table so surely some formed some kind of of suspicion by this point. I look around to see if anyone else is in here but, of course, my luck there isn't. I began taking a few steps towards the exit but Noah was in the way, I tried moving around him but I couldn't, with every step I made he mirrored it. Getting annoyed I try pushing past him but he wouldn't let me.

"What are you doing?" I ask clearly frustrated, still pushing and shoving at him, "Noah let me leave."

"I'm just checking if your okay that's all, and, I want to apologise for my previous behaviour." He presses his lips together in a subtle smile, as if he's hiding that part of himself from me, "I just want us to get on if we're going to be stuck here together, alright? Think you can manage?"

"Well if you weren't such an ass maybe I could." I spite, his head turns away and I see a small tug of his lip. "What's wrong? If you can't handle it then don't be here."

He looks me dead in the eyes and exhales deeply, "I don't want to fight with you, please? My friends are your friends and I just want us to get along. That's all I'm here for."

"Goodbye Noah." I stare him dead in the eyes and indicate for him to move. He looks at me for a second but then decides to take a step and let me go.

I speed off ahead of him and sit myself back down with everyone, I smile to let them know I'm okay then proceed to eat my food.

Ava slips out her phone and I feel a light buzz in my pocket, I face my phone upwards to see that she's typing.

Ava
Spill.

What do I say? I bite the inside of my lip thinking about what I could possibly tell her, like, 'oh I don't know Ava maybe if your friend wasn't so confusing maybe I could actually tell you what the hell was going on.'

Me
Later.

"We ready to leave?" Noah asks whilst picking up his leather jacket and keys. Everyone turns to each other with small nods, we bagged up whatever food we didn't eat and left the building.

I step outside and feel the cool breeze chilling my entire body, the colder I get the more my thoughts seem to slow down. I take it in for a second, I always hated the thought of being cold because of how uncomfortable it used to make me feel. But this? This is nice.

"Hey, is it alright if we pop back to mine before the party? I just need to grab a few things." Gael says with a smirk plastered on his face. Jess giggles in excitement and began intertwining her arm with mine and whispers, "this is gonna be fun.."

❀ ❀ ❀

I stand against a wall with a red cup filled with amber liquid, I swirl the substance whilst looking aimlessly ahead. The sheer volume of the music blasting in the background starts digging into my brain causing it to ache. Ouch. I scan the crowd to see if I recognise anyone but I don't. I take a sip from my cup and rest my head on the wall, just hoping someone can pull me out of my misery soon.

"Why's a pretty girl like you standing here all by herself?" I tilt my head forward to find a semi-tall guy talking to me, "what'd you do, steal someone's boyfriend?"

I lift my head up almost instantaneously and my face full of shock, "what?! No!! Of course not, why would you even think that in the first place?" I cross my arms offended by his accusation, I can barely make out what he's even from how loud it is in this room.