⇨ Chapter 9

Noah's pov:

I began tapping the side of my leg as an unsettling feeling started to rise in my chest. I glance back to the spiral staircase and contemplate whether or not I should follow after them. I find a quarter full bottle of scotch left unattended, I bring it to my lips and start downing the entire thing in attempt to calm myself down.. but it only makes matters worse.

The alcohol didn't erase her from my mind, Instead it's left me feeling even more uneasy.. I can't help it, my focus lands directly on her. I take a quick look around the room and realise the sheer volume of people surrounding me, if he was actually a bad person then no one would be here, right?

"Earth to Noah?" Ava starts snapping her fingers in my face, I turn towards her with an irritated look and furrow my eyebrows to ask what she could possibly want.

"It's your turn mate." Ava drops a small white ball into my hand, I start trailing backwards as more thoughts start to circulate my mind, why has he taken her up there alone?

Last I checked she wasn't in the right state of mind either.

I start biting the inside of my cheek whilst trailing my eyes to and from the stairwell, hoping that she'll come back unharmed, hoping that she'll be safe. My eyes starts to distance into the crowd, watching everyone dance together over the heavy music, having absolutely no care in the world. They look so consumed and happy, I drop my head and realise that I'm no longer that person.

I take a step forward half convinced that it's the right thing to do, its not like I have feelings for her, right? I'm just proving that I can be a half-decent person so we can just get along. I start pushing and shoving against the crowd trying to reach the staircase, I don't even realise that I've abandoned everyone without so much as a second glance. "Hey! Watch where your going Asshole." I peer my head over my shoulder to see a guy with an alcohol drenched shirt, his irritated stare lands on me.

I really have to stop doing that.

I still continue pushing and shoving at anyone in my way, making sure I can find her and leave as quick as possible. That's all I'm there for.

I skip a few steps on the way up, my heart beating erratically in my chest. My mind circulates in confusion at the unexpected feeling, I hardly noticed just how worried I was. My thoughts feel as though they're turning into reality with every second that ticks by, growing more anxious, I find myself more eager to find her.

I reach the top of the stairs and hold the top rail scanning my eyes across the long corridor. I find numerous doors dotted across the walls, all plain and nothing that indicates what could be in them.
I didn't fully anticipate just how hard this would be.

I do a full 360 trying to work out which door they could be in, I realise that it'd be practically impossible to find them, doing what I think is best, I try searching for anyone that could be of use.

I start trailing footsteps to the centre of the hall and luckily heard distant chatter, I follow it to where i find a small group of people sitting against one of the walls. I approach them in a hurry and don't waste any time explaining, "do any of you have any idea which room belongs to Kurt?" I ask hastily, they all look each other and burst out in laughter.

"Which roooom??? He owns this whole fucking house man." A guy swings his arms out, in the process, slightly knocking some alcohol on the floor from his cup. His eyes were partially open, clearly very drunk as his words sounded significantly slurred.

The rest of them start laughing even harder, Instead, I stare intently at them with my lip starts twitching in anger. I really don't have time for this.