Chapter 148 - "I want to break you apart Lucius."

Start from the beginning

Jake didn't know what to say, therefore he said nothing and merely stared at him. But it seemed as if Lucius had ample to say but wasn't sure where to start. Eventually, Jake watched him reach behind his waistband and brandish a pistol, one that was definitely loaded. All he wanted to do was run, flee this room and never talk to Lucius again, but the panic wasn't enough to tug against the overwhelming ecstasy of simply being in Lucius presence.

Even when the muzzle had been aimed directly at Jake's forehead, Lucius was taken aback by the lengthiest smile across someone's face he had ever seen, Jake's eyes awfully widened in such deluded joy. "If this is the attention that I get from you, then that's fine with me!" He pushed himself to his feet, standing from the bed and stretched out his arms at either sides of him. "You can shoot, I won't stop you. If you are the person to kill me in this lifetime, then I'm undoubtedly honoured."

Lucius drunken mind couldn't make sense of this, his smirk disappearing and he lowered his chin. "You're mental." A thought crossed his mind, and it finally all made sense. "I always wondered why Draco handpicked you, but now it makes sense. You're fucking deranged."

"You're pointing a gun at me because I told you that I like you, who's really deranged between us?" Jake cackled, pointing at the gun.

Lucius' grip on the gun tightened. "I'm going to kill you because you asked me to cheat on Raphael."

Jake's smile stretched even further. "Don't lie to yourself Lucius." He stepped towards him, noticing that Lucius didn't fix his aim to center his lethal target. "I never asked you to cheat on Raphael, I asked you for a chance." Lucius could feel every thud of his footsteps getting closer, as if it was his heart pounding against his chest cage. He observed the glinting blue irises come closer, and Jake's white teeth were completely visible as he hissed, "You want to kill me because you actually considered it. That means," he licked his upper lip lustfully, seeing Lucius' eyes drop to observe the way it moistened his plumped pink lip, "you like me too."

"No I..." Lucius felt as if his entire world was collapsing, feeling an earthquake even though the floor did not vibrate. His mind was running wild, the alcohol not sufficient enough to calm him down and he quickly tilted his head back to gulp another lengthy sip of his liquor bottle, only to realize that it had already been emptied. He threw it to the side, slamming his palm against his forehead and the panic rushing through his blood was making his vision start to blur.

The only solution he had was one he had thought to do prior, and that was why he pointed the muzzle of the pistol directly under his own jaw.

"You fucking lunatic!" There was a gunshot, a resounding one that deafened them for a couple seconds as they tried to recuperate from the ringing. It hurt Jake even more since he had had a headache ever since the bar, and the high-pitch blood-curdling shriek from the gun was only intensifying it beyond bearable limits. It had been by a lucky premonition that Jake had leaped forward, shoved the pistol from Lucius grasp before the gunshot had gone off. Therefore, the bullet had dove into the ceiling, safely away from them.

At the same time, the pistol had luckily been pushed away from Lucius' grasp, and before he could stand to his feet and reach for it, Jake had leaped over him, pining him down to the floor. Lucius attempted to resist, a tussle happening between the two, but the alcohol was making his arms feel much heavier than they were, and they didn't follow his commands properly. Hence, Jake won that resistance, finally letting his forehead land in Lucius' chest for a breather, but still keeping his hands pining Lucius by his forearms. He was seated on his stomach, his weight enough to stop Lucius' legs from doing anything.