CHAPTER THREE: Foraging Friend

Azalea flinched as she called out, her words seemed to not flow off the tongue. The chubby figure turned to her, a little shocked. The demon's instinct was to back off, but Azalea insisted.
"Oh, please help me."
The demon hadn't spoken yet, its facial expression was hard to read with hair in her face.
"Please, I don't know where I am..."
The wind picked up its speed, sending a chill down her bare body. The creature hadn't yet realized she was bare, only just thought she was pitiful. The demon picked up a second basket that was out of Azalea's sight.
"If you're so willing to have shelter, then you must return a favor."
She dropped the empty basket again by the trunk of the Oak tree, hitting its roots as it fell. Azalea looked at the familiar object, it was weaved with bamboo which she was back in her home realm.
"I don't understand, what am I supposed to do with a basket?"
"Gather."
The demon gave a short response, not bothering to clarify what they wanted her to collect. Yet Azalea pressed on.
"Gather what? You want me to gather, but you won't tell me what. Do you want flowers, herbs, or a whole tree?"
The demon stared at her, pushing their brows together in frustration.
"I regret giving you a chance."
"I'm sorry, purple."
The demon huffed, frustrated not wanting to deal with this much longer.
"Do not call me that."
They scolded her angrily.
"Then tell me who you are so I don't! And tell me what I have to collect, please?"
Azalea grinned stupidly at the demon once more, still hidden behind the Oak tree.
"Okay, whatever it takes to make you shut up I guess. My name is, well..."
They trailed off, seeming embarrassed about it.
"My name is Berry. Specifically Berry Hawthorne."
Azalea's eyes gleamed slightly, their name sounded magical.
"Well since you introduced myself, maybe I should too! My name is Azalea Koji Hanako Misaki Yasuo, Kitsune of the flowers and trees."
Silence had draped the landscape. Berry quietly but very obviously was trying not to laugh.
"That has to be the longest name I've ever heard out loud. You have three middle names and a title?"
Azalea frowned slightly, not finding her name as funny as Berry did.
"Well, I don't know what a middle name is. But, those names are important where I come from! So is my title, spiritkind must know that I am the guardian and researcher of flowers and trees. Why do you think it's so funny?"
Berry snickered some more before finally getting a hold of herself.
"Spiritkind, huh? Sure. But if you think it's as important as you say it is would you explain it to me?"
Azalea crossed her arms and turned her head back around, looking away from Berry. She felt disrespected, her title deserved to be known.
"You're just meant to know, I can't explain it myself. Now, please, really pretty please... help me."
Berry rolled her eyes, pointing at the basket again.
"Come collect some wildflowers and fruits with me."
In the excitement of finally doing something productive, Azalea immediately tried standing, forgetting her balance. Clumsily, she fell as she tripped on the twigs and roots on the ground. Berry was revolted for a moment, witnessing Azalea's bareness.
"Oh girl, please get clothes! God!"
Berry quickly closed her eyes, grossed out, and squeamish.
"I'm sorry, I don't have any at the moment, I just got here!"
Azalea whined in embarrassment, completely forgetting about how she was rid of her kimono when she was dismissed by the Gods.
"Here, just take it."
Berry quickly messed around with her jacket to get it off, handing the foreign clothing to Azalea.
I don't know how to put this on. I hope I did it right.
Azalea dressed herself in the jacket, it was thankfully long on Berry, so it fit her well enough. She apologized profusely, begging Berry to not give up the chance.