[Felinette] Changing feelings

Aaaand another one inspired by a post on Instagram xD

As soon as he entered the school building, his eyes were automatically searching for his best friend Marinette

As soon as he entered the school building, his eyes were automatically searching for his best friend Marinette. Every day he tried to be at school some minutes early so that he could talk to her a little before their classes would begin. He didn't think she had realized that he was doing this on purpose so he never knew when exactly she would be where.

After not spotting her in the entrance hall, he decided to walk to their classroom, in case this was one of the rare days when she was early too but she wasn't there either so he went back to keep an eye on the front door.

Some minutes later he finally saw her coming towards the building. A smile crept itself onto his lips and he was just about to walk over to her, when he noticed that she wasn't alone but with his cousin, Adrien.

They were happily chatting away, Adrien having enough of her attention that she didn't notice him standing there, waiting for her, but just went past him.

Félix' mood dropped in an instant as he quietly followed them. He was disappointed. Why was his cousin the lucky boy to spend time with her and not him? He wanted to rip them apart and get his best friend to him but realized in time that this could upset her so he let them be, watching them bitterly.

He tried to shake that feeling off because she was allowed to have other friends than him and he loved to see her happy but ... he wanted her to be happy with him.

Then suddenly Marinette turned around. When she saw him, her eyes got wider in surprise because she hadn't expected him to be there but soon she started to smile at him and all he could do was smile back because her smile was so beautiful.

„Hi, Félix," she greeted him.

„Hi back," he answered.

And for the moment Adrien and all the other people were forgotten. There were only him and Marinette. And that was probably the moment he first noticed that his feelings for her were changing.

 And that was probably the moment he first noticed that his feelings for her were changing

 „I think you should tell her," Amelie said.

„But what if she rejects me?" Félix voiced his concern. „How could I ever look into her eyes again?"

„You're friends, aren't you? That means that she must like you quite a bit. So even if she doesn't feel the same as you, it won't go too badly. Don't you think it's worth a shot?"

„I don't know," Félix answered with mixed emotions.

His mother wasn't wrong. He and Marinette had been friends for a while now, she had to like him, but what if he ruined that if he told her what he really felt for her?

„You don't have to decide now, sweety. Take your time."

Then she looked up and her lips spread into an open smile.

„There she comes," she told her son, who immediately turned his head to look behind him.

As soon as he saw Marinette, sitting on her father's shoulders, he also smiled at her adoringly. And in that moment he knew that he had to try.