[Gabenath] Timelines

Welcome to my little oneshot inspired by a drawing by gabenath69 (link in the comments) that was inspired by a comment I wrote xD And I had my struggles with how to end this so the last paragraph seems a little weird for me sometimes but I hope you'll enjoy this regardless :)

"So, this is how the world has seen us?" Nathalie asked after some long seconds of silence.

"Yep," Bunnix answered, unbothered. Of course, she'd already known about the existence of those other timelines and probably seen a lot of 'what if's so for her it must be very less shocking than it was for them.

"I like our timeline better," Gabriel said firmly.

His arms were around Nathalie's shoulders, crossing right in front of her chest, as he had started to hug her from behind at some point when they had seen his other self treating her worse and worse, as a proof that it wasn't him. That her Gabriel was right beside her and not that man in front of them.

Nathalie leaned more into him, her head resting against his shoulder. "So do I."

For a moment they just stood there, enjoying each other's proximity, before Bunnix sent them back home.

"That was ...," Nathalie started.

"Heavy," Gabriel finished.

"Yeah," Nathalie agreed.

She rested her head against his chest and put a hand right beside it, onto his heart, where it stayed when she lifted her head up again to look into his eyes.

"I feel sorry for my other self," she said and Gabriel understood her pretty well. He too felt sorry for the other Nathalie, who had to go through all of this, and didn't even get any kind of reward for it. But even more he felt disgusted by that other him, who had put her through all of this both physical and mental pain.

"Me too," he said quietly. "And I feel like I owe her an apology, even though that wasn't me, but -"

"I know what you mean."

"I'm glad that I made a different decision than him at some point," Gabriel said. "I love you and I wouldn't have wanted us to become what they have for anything in this world."

"Me neither," Nathalie agreed. "I'm happy about how things turned out for us and I wouldn't want to give up on it either."

The affection in her eyes was clear to see so Gabriel didn't waste a second to bend down and kiss her. His arms went around her waist to pull her closer and her free arm did the same thing around his neck.

And so they stood there, in each other's embrace, kissing and despite their hearts still being heavy from what they'd just seen, they were thankful. Thankful, that their timeline had gone differently, that they had found their happy ending. Together. Together and truly in love with each other. With a happy Adrien supporting them. She had found people to care for and love and despite some difficulties on the way they had become a family. And despite them not being the typical kind of family she couldn't wish for a better one.