10. A Bizarre Birthday [Ft. Kim Chaewon!]

August 1st, 2022

August 1st, 2022

[Chaewon POV]

There it was, what's arguably the most embarrassing performance of my life, displayed on live television.  

I have failed as a leader

A/N: here's the reference video for the 'performance' in case u wanna watch it 

Not only was this the first time we performed Fearless without Garam, this was also the first time there was no lip syncing. I don't know what idea got into me when I told our manager to plan our next performance without the backing audio.

As soon as the show ended, we left the building as soon as possible and headed back home. Ironically, I feel so fragile right now like I'm going to cry. I just needed a space where nobody can see me. The entire group's mood is down no one dared to talk on the bus ride back to the dorm. Eunchae and Yunjin were on the brink of crying and Sakura just stared into the distance. 

I tried to comfort all of them since I know they probably feel even worse than me. Sakura, especially, must've taken it in hard. She receives so much hate for no reason and I can tell that it has gotten to a point where it's become an insecurity.

The sound of ugly crying erupted from behind me as I feel myself breaking down more and more. Since it's going to take two hours to get back to Seoul, I decided to sleep a little. It's gonna help with easing the pain.

A/N: just pretend this is the hybe building

As I woke up upon the bus turning inside the HYBE parking space, I noticed the weather turn gloom and the sudden wave of depression hit in again. What a shitty way to celebrate my birthday...

When we went to our dorm, the door was left unlocked as I looked in surprise. Walking in, it turns out Y/N was setting up things. How did he get in here??? Did the managers let him in? I don't get it.