Returning To The North

[Winterfell]

As the weary travelers made their way through the frostbitten lands, their hearts heavy with anticipation and trepidation, they could feel the warmth of Winterfell beckoning them home. Jon Snow, once Robb Stark's fiercest lieutenant and now his Hand of the King, had journeyed south to Dragonstone to plead with the enigmatic Daenerys Targaryen for her aid in the coming battle against the Night King and his army of the dead. His efforts had been in vain, however, as the young queen refused to lend her forces without irrefutable proof of the threat they faced.

Determined to sway her stubborn will, Jon had returned to Winterfell with a plan: to invite Jorah Mormont, the disgraced former lord of the Mormonts and Daenerys' most trusted adviser, back to the north in order to capture one of the undead creatures that now roamed the land and bring it back as evidence of the true scope of the danger they all faced.

The long, arduous journey back to Winterfell had taken its toll on all of them, but the welcome they received upon their return was nothing short of triumphant. The people of Winterfell, led by their King and Queen, Robb and Morgana Stark, lined the streets, their faces alight with hope and relief as Jon Snow returned home. As the procession made its way through the castle gates, the air was filled with cheers and songs of praise, echoing off the ancient stone walls.

Jon made his way through the throng, greeting old friends and allies, before finally being reunited with his sister Arya, who had only recently returned from her own adventures. Their embrace was fierce and tearful, and for a moment they clung to each other as if they were the only two people left in the world. As they parted, Jon could see the worry in her eyes, and knew that there was much he needed to tell her, but not until they were alone.

With a heavy heart, Jon excused himself from the celebrations and made his way to the map room where he was to meet with Robb, his wife Morgana, Catelyn, Sansa, Arya, and Bran. The air in the room was thick with tension as they all took their seats around the table, their gazes fixed on Jon expectantly. He began by telling them about his journey south, his meeting with Daenerys, and his failed attempts to convince her of the threat they faced. Then, he revealed his plan to invite Jorah back to the north and capture one of the undead creatures as proof.

There was silence in the room as they all absorbed this information. Finally, Robb spoke up, his voice calm and measured. "You're certain this is the best course of action, Jon?" he asked. "Bringing Mormont back to the north... it could be dangerous. He's a loyal man, but his loyalty lies with her now. We can't afford any misunderstandings."

Jon looked at his brother, his expression grim. "I know the risk, Robb, but we have no choice. Daenerys needs to see the truth, and Jorah is our best chance of doing that. As for his loyalty... I trust that he'll remember his duty to the North and to our family."

There was a long pause as everyone considered Jon's words. Finally, Catelyn spoke up. "Then we must make certain that Jorah understands the gravity of the situation. He must be made to understand that this is not some petty squabble for power, but a battle for the survival of all living things." Her voice was firm, but there was a note of fear in it that none of them could ignore.

Sansa, who had been silent until now, looked up at Jon with a determined expression. "We must also prepare for the worst, brother. If Daenerys does not help us, we must find a way to survive on our own." The words hung heavy in the air, but they were true.

Catelyn nodded in agreement. "Indeed, Sansa. We must make certain that our defenses are strong and that our people are well-prepared for whatever may come. In the meantime, we must continue to search for allies who can aid us in this fight."

Arya, who had been silently listening to the conversation, spoke up for the first time. "I could go back south, Jon. I could find a way to sneak into King's Landing and assassinate Cersei. Then we wouldn't have to worry about her interfering." Her voice was cold and calculating, but there was a hint of desperation in her eyes.