For The Watch

[Castle Black - Jon's Room]

Jon sat in his room, going through the various scrolls on his desk.

Much had happen in his time as a brother of the Night's Watch.

He had dreamed of joining the men at the Wall, serving beside them, and hoped to become a ranger like his Uncle Benjen.

However, soon after his arrival, he realized the Night's Watch was not all it was made out to be.

His Uncle left out with ranging party, on a mission. One he had not returned from.

There was a moment of happiness when he learned his brother, Bran, had woken from his coma.

But, that quickly faded when he was made a steward to then Lord Commander, Jeor Mormont, instead of a ranger.

His newfound friend, Samwell Tarly, tried to assure him this was a good thing. Perhaps he was being trained to be the next Lord Commander.

Shortly after, his direwolf, Ghost, brought him a severed hand which lead to the body's of two of their own. One of these men later rose and attempted to attack the Lord Commander, but was thwarted by Jon, who gained the Valyrian Steel sword, Longclaw, in return.

News of his father's imprisonment reached the Wall, along with his brother, Robb, having raised the Stark banners. Jon nearly rode South to aid his brother, but was persuaded to stay by Sam and his friends.

He had made friends and lost them. Grenn, Pyp, Samwell. Only Sam was alive.

Jeor Mormont and a few men, including Jon, embarked on a mission to search for Benjen.

They stayed at Craster's Keep, Jon instantly taking a disliking to the man.

It was there Sam met Gilly, one of Craster's daughters, whom he had impregnated.

Gilly, who was terrified of the baby being a boy told them what would happen if it was.

This lead Jon to follow Craster into the woods, and watch as he left a newborn child there. Unfortunately he hadn't realized he had been noticed, and Craster knocked him out.

When they returned, Craster demanded they leave.

Following this, Jon was allowed to join a mission with Qhorin Halfhand, to take out the hideout of Mance Rayder, the "King Beyond The Wall".

They had stumbled onto a group of wildlings and dealt with most of them swiftly.

However, when tried to run away, Jon chased after them.

He knew he was expected them. But, upon learning the wildling was a woman, he found himself unable to do so.

Instead he took Ygritte, as he later learned was her name, captive.

She wasn't for long, though. She managed to escape and flee. Although he managed to recapture her, he lost Qhorin in the process and the two were forced to sleep outside.

Ygritte had tried to seduce him, but he rejected all of her advances.

Shortly after, Ygritte led him into an ambush, causing him to become a prisoner to the wildlings. There he learned, Qhorin had also been taken prisoner.

He convinced Jon to kill him to allow himself to infiltrate the wildlings.

After doing this, he was lead to a wildling camp where he met Mance Rayder.

He then managed to convince Mance he had disavowed the Night's Watch and wished to join the wildlings.

They allowed him to mqrch south with him. In this time, he grew fascinated by the giants as well as Orell, a warg.