Death Of Innocents

[Riverrun Castle - Dungeons]

Willem and Martyn Lannister lie sleeping. There were sounds of a battle outside their cell.

Martyn shook Willem to wake him. "Willem. Willem!"

The door burst open, and Lord Rickard Karstark ran the guard through with his sword, as he and his men entered.

"Is this a rescue?" Willem asked, naively.

"Lannister filth! Take him!" Rickard Karstark shouted.

Rickard Karkstark's men take Willem.

"Please, I didn't do anything. I'm just a squire. Please-" Martyn pleaded, only to be stabbed in the gut by Rickard Karstark.

[Great Hall]

Willem and Martyn laid dead on a blanket.

Queen Morgana sat in stunned silence as the news reached her ears. Her two young cousins, Martyn and Willem Lannister, had been found dead in their beds, brutally slain by the Karstarks. The Karstarks, sworn to serve her husband's family, had instead betrayed their trust and committed this heinous act.

After a few moments, Morgana knelt beside the bodies of her murdered cousins, Martyn and Willem Lannister, tears streaming down her face as she stared at their lifeless forms. Her heart ached with grief, but it was mixed with a deep-seated anger towards the Karstarks who had committed this heinous act. She could feel the weight of her crown heavy on her head, the responsibility to protect her people and her family resting squarely on her shoulders.

King Robb, her husband, stood beside her, his expression filled with shock and outrage. His uncles, Brynden and Edmure Tully, were there too, their faces set in determination to see justice done. Catelyn, Robb's mother and Morgana's mother-in-law, was pale and shaken, her eyes brimming with tears as she looked upon the two small bodies.

"Bring them in." Robb commanded.

Brynden opened the door and Rickard Karstark and his men walk in. Their hands are bound.

"Is that all of them? It took five of you to murder two unarmed squires?" Robb asked, exasperated.

"Not murder, Your Grace. Vengeance." Lord Karstark rebutted.

"Vengeance?" Robb said, exasperated. "Those boys didn't kill your sons. I saw Harrion die on the battlefield and Torrhen-"

"Was strangled by the Kingslayer. They were his kin."

"They were boys!" Robb shouted. "Look at them."

"Tell your mother to look at them. She killed them as much as I."

Lady Catelyn was already looking at them, no doubt picturing her own sons, Bran and Rickon.

"My mother had nothing to do with this. This was your treason."

"It's treason to free your enemies. In war, you kill your enemies. Did your father not teach you that, boy?"

Brynden punched Lord Karstark, causing the man to fall to his knees.

"Leave him."

"Aye. Leave me to the king. He wants to give me a scolding before he sets me free. That's how he deals with treason. Our King in the North. Or should I call him the King Who Lost the North?" Rickard Karstark taunted.

"Escort Lord Karstark to the dungeon. Hang the rest."

"Mercy, sire! I didn't kill anyone. I only watched for the guards." One of the men pleaded.

"This one was only the watcher. Hang him last so he can watch the others die." Robb ordered.

"Please! Please, no. They made me do it! They made me! They made me!"