Lost Allies

[Dragonstone - Jon's Chambers]

Jon sat brooding in his chambers over the fact this woman, one had heard great things of, was refusing to help him, because she was too consumed in her quest for the Iron Throne.

A knock on the door pulled him from his thoughts.

"Come in," he answered, without looking up.

"I thought I'd receive a warmer welcome," the voice said, causing Jon's head to lift.

"Sam?" He rushed toward his friend, pulling him into a hug

"Now that's more like it."

"What are you doing here?"

Sam closed the door behind him.

"I met a man named Jorah Mormont. Apparently he serves as an advisor to Daenerys."

"Yes, I know of him."

His father-uncle- wished to execute him when he had been caught selling slaves. The man fled before he arrived and continued to evade justice.

"He was infected with Greyscale. I helped treat him. It also gave me time to look into the records at the Citadel. Gilly was the one who found it, really. She didn't even realize it, but hearing Prince Rhaegar's name caught my attention."

"What did you find?"

"A record from High Septon Meynard, detailing the annulment of Rhaegar Targaryen and Elia Martell, along with his subsequent record of a marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark. They had a son. Jaeharys, Third Of His Name. His birth is also recorded. He was born in Dorne." This caused Sam to look up. "Hey, weren't you born in Dorne?"

"In the Tower Of Joy, yes. An unfortunate name as what took place inside left nothing but misery."

"Is-Is the..."

"Is the child me?" Sam nodded. "Yes."

"Well, this means you have a stronger claim than anyone. Morgana, Daenerys, Cersei. All of them."

"I know, but no one can know. Not yet. Do you understand?" Again, Sam nodded. "Good. I'm glad to have you back. Truly. I've missed you."

"As have I." Sam returned. "Will you do it? Bend the knee?"

"I've been considering it. It is the only way she will allow me to leave, which I must do before she finds out who I really am. The people of the North need me. I must return to the Winterfell and help them prepare for what's coming. If I don't, everyone will die. The army of the dead will continue moving South and killing. The cycle will continue until everyone is gone.

[Beach]

Daenerys and Missandei were walking along a path outside of Dragonstone followed by members of the Queensguard.

"Your Grace, there's still no word from the Unsullied." Missandei said.

"Soon. They will come back to me."

"He better."

Daenerys stopped and turned to look at Missandei, before continuing to walk. "What happened?"

Missandei began smirking. "Many things."

"Many things?"

Jon appeared at the bottom of the path. "Your Grace."

Daenerys looked at Missandei then her Queensguard. She spoke in Valyrian and motioned to her guard to stand down. "It's all right."

She descended the stairs with Missandei and they began walking with Jon.

They walk along the beach until they reach a cave where Davos was waiting for them with a lit torch.

"I wanted you to see it before we start hacking it to bits." Jon led Daenerys and Missandei into the cave where he lit a brazier that illuminated the Dragonglass along the walls, and continued walking deeper into the cave. "So this is it, all we'll evr need."

Daenerys was looking up at the walls of Dragonglass.

"There is something else I want to show your, Your Grace." He and Daenerys ventured to a further chamber in the cave. There were murals painted on the walls of Dragonglass. "The Children of the Forest made these."

"When?"

"A very long time ago."

"They were right here standing where we're standing before there were Targaryens or Starks or Lannisters. Maybe even before there were men."

"No."

Daenerys stopped looking at the walls and turned to look at Jon, who walked to another wall and began to examine the murals. The murals depicted Children of the Forest and the First Men standing together.

"They were here together the Children and the First Men." He told her.

"Doing what? Fighting each other?"