Annabeth looked between the two, realising what Alora had done and nodded at her in thanks. She smiled back at her best friend, knowing how long she waited for this. Now she was finally getting what she deserved.

"Now onto the other candidates."

Percy stood still for a second in thought before announcing his choice.

"Grover," He said confidently, "I choose Grover."

After Alora finished packing, which didn't take too long as the girl just stuffed some clothes into her backpack and some other essentials, she headed towards cabin 3.

As the door was open she just walked in, closing up her bag.

"Grover keeps talking about all the snacks he's going to bring and i'm surprised he's here and not at a fat camp instead." She spoke before looking up, realising luke was also there. "Oh hi Luke."

"Hey Lora." He greeted her, smiling at the joke she had made. Alora noticed the ugly shoes Luke owned and could only guess he was giving them to Percy for his quest.

"Oh you get the shoes," she smiled at Percy, "how lucky are you?"

Percy smiled back up at the girl who he was growing more fond of by the second.

"Don't worry I have something for you too," Luke pulled out a photo of them two and Annabeth from when they had first arrived at the camp. They were the first people to give Alora the time of day and treated her as they did everyone else. "Just to remind you of here."

"Holy shit that side part did me dirty," she gasped at the memory. She hugged Luke tightly. "Thank you."

Percy felt a twisting feeling in his gut at this. He didn't know what it was, but he didn't like it.

"Come on Perce," Alora waved him to follow her, "We have to get going, grover and annie are waiting."

Percy stood up beside her and Luke stood beside them.

"Look out for each other out there." He told them, making them nod.

"Of course," alora said it as if it was an unspoken rule, "Let's go Perce. Bye Luke."

The two met grover and proceeded to the field just outside the boundary where Annabeth stood at a tree. They all watched her saying goodbye.

"She's really going to miss that tree, huh?" Percy said, making Alora realise he didn't know that it wasn't just a tree. Her and Grover shared a look before explaining.

"When Annabeth first arrived here with Thalia and Luke, they were being chased by monsters." Grover told him.

"Agents of Hades." Alora added, "Sisters."

"Furys," Percy guessed. "Mrs Dodds?"

"What's a Mrs Dodds?" alora looked between Percy and Grover.

"Yes," Grover confirmed. "One was our algebra teacher. Alecto."

Alora let out an 'oh', alecto is a mrs dodds she thought.

"Thalia turned back to fight," Grover continued, "to but her friends some time. Her satyr protector tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen."

but wasn't grover her satyr protector alora thought as she furrowed her eyebrows. why was he not telling Percy that?

"At the last moment, Zeus intervened to save her life and...." Grover trailed off.

"changed her form." Alora finished his sentence for him, not knowing if she worded it well.

"The most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life... was to turn her into a tree?" Percy asked, genuinely confused.

"She was the bravest demigod I ever knew." Annabeth defended as she joined the group, "She fought valiantly and she met a hero's fate."

"She met a pinecone's fate." This earned Percy a slap to the arm from Alora. "Ow ally!"

"Forbidden children are always in danger, even the strongest ones, even Thalia." Annabeth loved thalia and would defend her until the day she died. "And you are not Thalia. Do exactly as I say, and maybe you survive this. Are we clear?"

Annabeth didn't wait for an answer before she started to lead the group.

"Does she think she's in charge?" Percy asked the other two with them.

"Who did you think would be in charge?" Grover asked, knowing Annabeth was the smartest and strongest leader out of the group.

"I guess I assumed we'd do a show of hands or something." They started to follow behind Annabeth and Alora giggled.

"Annabeth doesn't do shows of hands."

They walked until they were far out enough to call a cab that would bring them to the city. In the cab, Alora had her face pretty much smushed to the glass with her eyes wide looking at the buildings around them, smiling and pointing specific ones out to the group excitedly.

Her first proper trip away from camp was going great and Alora couldn't wait to see more of the world.

authors note:
i love alora sm shes so cute. also i go back to school because winter break is over so updates might be a little bit slower but they will come asap!!! ALSO THANK U SM FOR 1k READS I APPRECIATE IT SM!!!!