Chapter 5- A Change of Course

Trigger warning: Mention of attempted sexual assault. No details of the assault. I'll put a note before it is mentioned and a note after it is done being mentioned. Proceed with your own caution. 

It has been two weeks and Blake has received three more letters. They have been becoming more gruesome, detailed and disturbing the more they come. Blake still has yet to figure out who the bastard is and is becoming frustrated with herself for not being able to find them. Blake was currently sitting in the training yard, thinking to herself about the whole situation after dark.  

Blake heard someone coming towards her from behind and looked over her shoulder to find Levi. 'Shit, I've gotten caught again.', Blake cursed herself in her mind. "Can't sleep again?", Levi asked as he sat down beside her. Blake only nodded, as she was surprised Levi didn't yell at her or redirect her like last time. "Usually, people can't sleep because they have too much on their mind, or they have seen hell, and it keeps them from sleeping. Care to tell me what it is?", Levi asked trying to find out what was on her mind. 

"Too much on my mind. We have an expedition in a week, I'm trying to think of what I can do to keep people alive.", Blake partially lied. She was thinking about the expedition and how keep people safe while outside the walls, but she was also trying to find out who the creep was, that was sending her those disturbing letters. Levi hummed in understanding. "Erwin is currently working on plans as we speak to prevent death as much as possible. Just do as he tells you to. You can't save everyone, there will always be deaths outside the walls.", Levi explained as he looked up at the sky. "You can't sleep either. Too much on your mind, or terrible nightmares keeping you from sleeping?", Blake asked Levi's same question but towards Levi himself. 

"Too much paperwork, needed a break.", Levi also partially lied stoically. Levi has been trying to keep an eye on her as well as trying to find the sick bastard who wrote her the letter, two weeks prior. This time Blake hummed in understanding. "Go back inside, get some tea and go to sleep. You're going to need it for this week. Don't dwell on saving everyone, it's not your responsibility until it's asked of you.", Levi stated as he got up. "Yes sir,", Blake responded as she too, got up and began to head inside. 'He seems caring in his own way.', Blake thought to herself as she headed back to her barrack from the kitchen, with her black tea in hand. 

As Blake was about to enter her barrack, when she felt someone was watching her. She looked around and strained her ears to see if she could see or hear anyone. To her dismay, she saw and heard no one. She walked into her barrack and closed the door and blocked it with a chair. She stayed up all night trying to see if someone would try to get through her door, or at least hear them go by, but the whole night was dead silent; and she didn't like it. Either she was being paranoid, or the stalker stayed in the same spot the entire time and she didn't like either of the two options. 

That morning was yet another success, showering without being seen or noticed by the other female cadets. As she was finished getting ready for the day, she headed to the mess hall and found Jaden waiting for her with the food set out for them as usual. "You have dark circles under your eyes, Bee. You seriously need to start sleeping or do I need to sneak into your barrack so you can?", Jaden teased in a serious manner. Blake just took a sip of her tea and looked at him with her usual expression. "Seriously Bee, what's going on? You haven't been sleeping, something is definitely going on.", Jaden spoke in a more serious tone, trying to help out his only friend. "Nothing, just trying to figure out this upcoming expedition.", Blake lied, trying to avoid telling Jaden about the stalker she had developed since arriving at HQ.  

Jaden sighed but let it be.  He knew something was up, but he didn't want to pry into things Blake didn't want to open up about. Levi sat down beside Jaden and looked at the two soldiers. He noted that the bags under Blakes eyes had gotten worse. 'Did that letter really mess with her this much? Does she know who it is?', Levi thought to himself as he glanced at Blake. "Oi, come see me in my office after you eat. And you better eat everything on that plate.", Levi demanded towards Blake as he took a sip of his tea before leaving.