Chapter 12: Inside the Base

Începe de la început

"It's showtime." Snake said in preparation.

Snake had snuck his way through the base. Avoiding any guards to not get caught. Eventually, he found a suspicious looking room. With no one looking, he entered the room.
In the room were multiple monitors. Each monitor displayed a specific location.
Snake's eye caught one particular monitor which displayed a room filled with trophies. Snake saw the likes of Young Link, Mega Man X, InuYasha, Mr. Incredible, Geno, Wes, Amigo, Viewtiful Joe, Kon and Byakuya Kuchiki.

 Incredible, Geno, Wes, Amigo, Viewtiful Joe, Kon and Byakuya Kuchiki

"What the hell?" Snake questioned.
It seems all these people were captured at some point.
Snake went back into his box and called Colonel Campbell.
"Colonel, I have found a room with dozens of monitors. All displaying various locations."
"What? How can that be? Could it be the enemy is spying on people all throughout the world?"
"I think so. I've also noticed that the guards in the area are all black robots carrying either guns or swords."
"Interesting. So the enemy is using robotic soldiers rather than human soldiers."
"It seems so."
"See what else you can find Snake."
"Got it."
The call ended.
Snake exited the room. But soon after, he heard footsteps. So he quickly hid in the box

Wario and Waluigi had walked by

Wario and Waluigi had walked by. But they noticed the box.
"A box? When did that get here?" Wario questioned.
"I don't know. But it seems suspicious." Waluigi responded.
"Let's check it out." Wario suggested.
Waluigi lifted the box.
An exclamation point appeared above Snake's head. He had been caught.

Snake immediately stood up, ready to fight the two plumber dressed hooligans

"An intruder!" Wario shouted.
"Who are you two and who are you working for?" Snake demanded.
"That's none of your concern." Wario replied.
"Oh is it?!" Snake asked before pulling out a gun and aiming it at the two hooligans. "Take me to your boss, now!"
"Mamma mia! Ok alright, we'll take you!" Waluigi cried out as he put his hands up. "We don't want any trouble!"

- The Boss's Throne Room -
CuBot Base

The monitor above the entrance had turned on. C L E O D B O T was displayed on the monitor.

 C L E O D B O T was displayed on the monitor

"Boss, Wario and Waluigi would like to enter." C L E O D B O T told the boss in his robotic voice.
The Shadowy Man looked up at his monitor. Most of his appearance was covered by shadows.
"Send them right in." The Shadowy Man commanded.
"Yes boss." C L E O D B O T replied before opening the doors.
The monitor shut off.
Wario and Waluigi had reluctantly taken Snake to their boss.
The three walked into the throne room. Right in front of them was the boss sitting in his throne.
"Ah, Wario, Waluigi. What brings you here? And who is this?" The Shadowy Man asked.
"He forced us to take him here." Waluigi replied reluctantly.
"He threatened to shoot us unless we took him here." Wario replied reluctantly.
"What?! You absolute cowards!" The Shadowy Man scolded.
"I'm so sorry!" Wario cried out.
"Too bad!" The Shadow Man shouted.
"Who even are you and what are your intentions?!" Snake demanded.
"I'll never tell." The Shadowy Man replied.
Snake tried to pull out his gun and threaten the Shadow Man, but that didn't faze him.
"My identity is no concern to you." The Shadowy Man told Snake.
"Yes it is!" Snake shouted.
"What are gonna do?" The Shadowy Man asked.
"This!" Snake replied before firing a bullet. The bullet was absorbed by the Shadowy Man.
"What?!" Snake questioned.
"Is that all you got?" The Shadowy Man asked.
Suddenly, a Uranium CuBot emerged and self-destructed. The impact of the blast caused a small part of the throne room to break apart.
Soon enough, it was completely broken off and Snake, Wario and Waluigi were blown out of the base. Falling down to the ground below. They had fallen out of the CuBot Base.

- Unknown location -

Snake, Wario and Waluigi had landed onto the ground. They survived by hanging onto the falling rubble.
Wario emerged from the rubble and walked up to the unconscious Snake.
"Bye bye!" Wario shouted ready to finish Snake off.
Suddenly, Wario heard something approaching at an accelerating speed. Before he could even react, he was run over. It was the Cargo CuBots carrying the captured Zelda.
"Mamma mia." Wario said as he lost consciousness.

Soon enough, Snake, Wario and Waluigi regained conciseness.
"Mamma mia! First the boss insults us and then he nearly kills us?!" Wario exclaimed. "He will pay!!"
"We're lucky we survived." Snake said in relief. "Hey, since you two were just backstabbed by your boss, why don't you join me and we can defeat the boss together?" Snake suggested.
"Actually, that's not a bad idea." Wario said in agreement.
Snake reached out his hand and Wario shook it.
"Yeah!" Wario said.
Snake had teamed up with Wario and Waluigi.
The three then noticed someone who had been watching them the whole time. It was Link.
Link pointed at the cargo cubots carrying Zelda up in the distance.
"I take it they've captured your friend?" Snake asked.
Link nodded.
"We'll all get her back! Together!" Snake said in confidence.
Link started running back in pursuit of the cubots. With Wario, Waluigi and Snake following.
"Here I go!" Wario shouted. "Hurry up!"

Custom sprite info:
Young Link's sprite was done by GregarLink15
Kon's sprite was done by 64tre2