chapter thirty nine

Instagram & irl

letaanalog posted a story

silasblack posted a story

daphneblack posted a story

THE WEDDING WAS OVER, and since there was never a moment when the two were alone until evening came and the bride and groom got into the car to consummate their marriage, she decided that now the time had come

Theo decided not to drink anything that evening in order to drive Mae home safely, and because he decided to try to stop with alcohol an d any kind of drugs for her.

Everyone slowly broke away except for the two of them so she took him to a secluded place, she took a deep breath and her heart was pounding.

"Theo," she whispered, her voice tinged with uncertainty, "there's something I need to talk with you." His attention focused entirely on her, Theodore nodded, encouraging her to continue. But began to get nervous at her words.

"We've been through so much together, and I've treasured every moment, even the tough ones. But- I can't keep from you any longer." Mae's gaze faltered for a moment, but she summoned the courage to meet his eyes. "I'm pregnant."

Theodore's expression shifted from curiosity to surprise, and then a mixture of emotions Mae couldn't quite decipher. A profound silence lingered between them, the distant sounds of the celebration forming a distant hum.

Finally, Theodore broke the silence, his voice calm yet filled with complexity. "Pregnant?" he repeated, a hint of wonder in his eyes. "Mae, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Mae's fingers nervously played with the edge of her dress and can't quite understand how he is feeling about this. "I just found out, Theo. I couldn't wait any longer. I needed you to know. I understand if this isn't what you expected or wanted."

He took a step closer, his expression softening. "Mae, you are the love of my life. The idea of us having a family, it's something I never considered, but now that you've told me, it's a beautiful surprise." Theodore gently placed his hand on Mae's cheek, his touch reassuring.

Mae's eyes welled with tears, a mix of relief and happiness. "I was afraid you might be upset or feel pressured. I didn't want to assume this was something you wanted."

Theodore absorbed Mae's revelation, his eyes reflecting a whirlwind of emotions. After a brief pause, he gently cupped her face with his hands, his touch both comforting and filled with affection. "Mae," he said softly, "this is incredible news. You're carrying our child."

Mae's anxieties began to dissolve as she saw the genuine joy in Theodore's eyes. "You're not upset?" she asked, searching for any hint of concern.

His smile widened. "Upset? Mae, I couldn't be happier. This is a beautiful surprise, and it's a testament to the strength of our connection. We're going to be parents."

Overwhelmed with relief, Mae's eyes teared up. "I was so scared to tell you. I didn't know how you'd react, whether you were ready for this."

Theodore pulled her into a warm embrace. "Mae, life is full of surprises, and this is the best one yet." Theodore continues to whispered promises of support, love, and the shared excitement of becoming parents.

chapter thirty nine
I cried.