chapter³

my year

my year

a/n: i recommend when it's a musical chapter to listen to the actual song on youtube or spotify

☄️ .❀。• *✧꒱ . ⏱𖤐₊ ♡ ᝰ ೃ࿔₊₊°。 ❀°☄️

authors pov

08:20 AM. SEABROOK

"i'm fired up!" y/n sings, snapping her hands. "tryouts today!" she grips the straps of her backpack, the people wearing pink behind her doing the same. they start to skip. "'m going to blow 'em away, yeah!" she slides as the back up dancers dance. "dad says i can't go wrong no. as long as i keep this on," she motions to her wig, shaking it. "oh. seabrook's been the best like forever. mama's counting on me no pressure," dread hits y/n's face like a stick as she realizes that properly. "cheer's in my family genes. come on, let's do this thing," y/n lands in a cheer pose.

☄️

"now, what up, everybody? let me set the scene," zed sings, as a zombie has her leg like a circle and he's speaking from it. she retracts her leg, moving out from the frame. "fresh new start for your boy. young z," he shows off the z on his jacket. "you saw pops for a dad, he's cool. he's just a little stressed about my first day of school," walking over to a brains outlet, the person in a green bandana gives zed a cauliflower brain. "they say 'be careful those humans can be mean'. but i'm still going out for the football team,"

zed throws the pink food, a zombie catching it.

"this might look rough but it's home sweet home," zed sings. "just a little bit of dust," he sings, tapping the back of two zombies, who puff out brow dust from their mouths. "and a little bit of mold,"

zed drops down.

"but it ain't so bad on this side of tracks," he sings, zombies bouncing to the beat, hyping him up. "we make it work with a little bit of swag,"

☄️

"on this side, we can all keep winning," y/n sings, female dancer wearing pink, putting their hands on her shoulders. "if we just try to fit in," she shrugs, starting to dance. "watch it come together! be the best one ever, because it's my time! this is going to be my year!"

☄️

"been waiting for this moment," zed sings, dancing with the zombies. "yeah i'm going to own it. you can watch me shine!"

"this is gonna be my year!" y/n and zed sing at the same time even thought they're on different sides of the barrier.

"my year!"

"my year!"

"my my my year!"

"my year!"

"my year!"

"my year!"

"my year!"

"this gonna be my year!"

☄️

zed knocks on a purple door, a zombie with curly green hair, opening it.

"now, let me introduce you to my friend, eliza-" zed starts to sing but eliza cuts him off.

"we'll never be accepted," she sings. "zombies need to rise up!" the duo walk down the stairs. "fight the good fight! stand for what's right!" she turns around to zed, trying to make him agree. "we get the worst jobs and a curfew at night. they make us wear uniforms that all look the same. why's it just us being treated this way?" eliza jumps on a car, towering over everyone else. "i say we stick it to their institution, you want justice we need a revolution!"

"yeah, you got a point but today's an improvement," zed says, helping her get down from the car. "'cause baby steps is still movement," zed looks to left, seeing his other zombie friend, bonzo. "hey bonzo! come and spit a verse!" bonzo throws off my mask, walking over to his friends.

"a zig zagg gwag gwad ziggy got gon, ziggity got goat zag ziggy got zong!"

"he just dropped that in zombie!" eliza laughs.

"yeah all he said is he's hungry," zed says, as bonzo munches a cauliflower brain.

"bye!" zoe and zevon wave as his son and her brother run off with their friends.

☄️

the zombies run off to an abandoned power plant. they dance, making funny faces and loving every moment. they dance in sync.

☄️

y/n and more of the people from seabrook dance on the bench, making sure the sand doesn't go in their hair and in their shoes.

they end up in two straight lines, addison and bucky running in between, high fiving the teenagers. the two flip forward, landing perfectly.

"my cousins. bucky and ad," y/n sings. "look at how perfect they land," the two flip again over a sand castle, not even grazing it. "our very own cheer rock stars!" bucky's and addison's fans almost cover y/n's face, making addison push them out of the way.

"no more autographs please," bucky sings.

"stay where you are," addison smiles at them.

"another year and i only get better," bucky sings as the pictures move away from him and addison. the acey's behind him with their silver pompoms. "another cheer another varsity letter,"

"this year, we just can't loose!"

"well, i'm gonna win. you all can come too," bucky sings as everyone; both zombies and humans run to the gates of the high school.

"my year! my year! my year! my year!"

"watch it come together," y/n, bucky, addison, zed, eliza and everyone else sings as they dance. "be the best one ever! because it's my time! this is gonna be my year! been waiting for this moment! yeah i'm gonna own it! you can watch me shine! this is gonna be my year!"

"my year!"

"my year!"

"my year!"

"my my my year!"

"my year!"

"this is gonna be my year!" y/n sings.