Gianna

"Sir? Sir, can you hear me? Please wake up." Said a soft female voice. Derek tries to open his eyes, but they're too heavy. After a few minutes, he finally opens them to see a woman looking down at him. "Where... where am I?" Asked Derek. "You're in my house." The woman said.

Derek tries sitting up, but he winces in pain. "Ow!" He cried. "Easy, you're hurt!" Said the woman. Derek notices a bandage wrapped around his shoulder. "Did you do this?" He asked. "Yes sir." The woman said. "But what about the wolf?" Derek asked. "I took care of it." Said the woman. "You killed it? How?" Asked Derek. "I shot it with my rifle. Had I not showed up, you would've been mauled to death." The woman said.

"In that case, I owe you a great deal of thanks. What's your name, miss?" Derek asked. "My name is Gianna, Gianna Katz. What's yours?" Asked the woman. "King Derek of Chamberg, it's very nice to meet you, Gianna." Said Derek. "King?! Your Majesty!" Gianna said with a curtsy. "It's not every day you save the lives of royalty, huh?" Derek asked.

Gianna giggles. "I guess not. Anyway, what brings you into these woods?" She asked. "My family and I, along with a friend of my sister in-law, were gathering winter roses. Things were going smoothly until that wolf appeared, and while we ran from it, I started fighting it, resulting in me losing track of the rest of my group. Then the wolf bit my shoulder when I was distracted, and I must've passed out from exhaustion." Explained Derek. "Goodness!" Said Gianna.

"How did you know the wolf was attacking me anyway?" Derek asked. "I heard growling, then a cry of pain, which turned out to be you." Gianna said. "I will say, it certainly was nothing compared to the last time I was attacked by one." Said Derek. "You were attacked by a wolf once before?" Asked Gianna. "Yes, but I managed to push it off me right away." Derek said. "You're very brave, sire." Gianna said.

Derek smiles. "Thank you, Gianna. Not just for saving my life, but your hospitality. Although I wish I could stick around, my family is probably looking for me." He said. "Wait, you can't go now! Not while you're hurt!" Said Gianna. "As much as I appreciate your help, I really need to get going." Said Derek. "But, Your Majesty, the woods can sometimes be unsafe. And after the incident with the wolf, you should be resting right now." Gianna said.

Even though he wants to find his family, Derek knew Gianna was right about not risking his injury to get infected. "Alright, I'll stay." He said. "I promise, you can leave when your family shows up." Said Gianna. "If they can find this place, that is." Said Derek.