Rose Gathering Invite

The second day of 1965 has arrived. At this very moment, Alex, who has just showed up in Amanda and Paul's room, is having a chat with the young swan princess. They girls are sitting in the bedroom while Paul is in the living room.

"I know it's only been two days, but how are you holding up after your breakup with Eric?" Asked Amanda. "I'm still a mess, but a little better than yesterday. Again, I'm very sorry for lashing out at you and the others. That was so uncalled for." Said Alex. "No sweat, it's over and done." Amanda said. "True, but I still feel bad about what I've done. From now on, I'm gonna stop taking my anger out on my friends and brothers." Alex said.

Amanda smiles and pats the middle Russo on her shoulder. "Speaking of brothers, what are Justin and Max up to?" Asked Amanda. "They're at the park. I was invited to go along like I usually am, but I didn't feel up for it today." Said Alex. "Still thinking about your actions from yesterday?" Amanda asked. "Yeah, I had trouble sleeping after those crazy events." Alex said.

"That's understandable." Said Amanda. Before Alex could respond, the sound of music gets her attention. "Do I hear a piano?" She asked. "It's Paul, he's trying to figure out a tune he heard in his head after waking up." Amanda said. "So he basically dreamed the melody?" Asked Alex. "Uh-huh, I sure hope he can get the whole thing done soon." Said Amanda.

"Uh-oh, he's not neglecting you, is he?" Alex asked nervously. "Heck no! He asked me to let him focus in peace, so I had to respect his wishes. I can't be clingy to Paul when he wants privacy, that's not being a good wife." Amanda said. Alex nods in agreement. "You make a good point." She said.

A knock on the door occurs. "Come in!" Said Amanda. The door opens to reveal Paul. "Sorry for disturbing you, girls, but Derek and Odette are here, Amanda." He said. Amanda turns to Alex, who gives her another nod. The girls walk into the living room, where the young king and queen are sitting on the couch.

"Hey, you two!" Amanda said. "Hello, sis. And hello to you too, Alex." Said Odette. "Hi. What brings you guys by?" Said Alex. "We're about to go winter rose gathering." Odette said. "Winter roses? They seem rare." Said Amanda. "It is winter after all." Said Paul. "I'm up for a family outing of gathering flowers, definitely." Amanda said. "You're more than welcome to join us, Alex." Said Odette.

Alex puts her hands behind her back and looks at the floor. "That's very kind of you, but I don't wanna feel like a third wheel." She said. "Third wheel? What are you talking about?" Asked Derek. "Eric and I broke up on New Year's Eve." Alex said. "That's awful! What happened between you two?" Odette asked. "We didn't fight, he accepted a job outside the country, so we had to call it quits on our relationship since it's gonna be long distance." Said Alex. "Gee, Alex, sorry things turned out the way they did." Derek said.

"I had a meltdown about it yesterday, but I swore never to take it out on anyone ever again afterwards." Alex said. "Ouch." Said Odette. "Are you holding up okay now?" Asked Derek. "A little bit, but I'll be fine eventually." Said Alex. "Don't be afraid to talk to us if you're feeling down." Paul said. "Thanks, Paul." Alex said. Paul gives her a side hug. "Anytime, love." He said.

"Anyway, I've made up my mind, I accept your invitation of winter rose gathering." Said Alex. "Great! We saw them growing in the forest Amanda mentioned to us one day." Odette said. "I'll get a basket." Said Amanda.

And that's just what the swan princess does. She grabs a basket, then she and her family, along with Alex, begin their outing of gathering winter roses.