Show them what you can do.

Start from the beginning

You moved again, doing the same action as you had to the other three, without fail. You then twisted round, slamming the trident into the arms and managing to (with some struggle) get them off.

You then moved backwards. You need to hit the dummy in the stomach. You tightened your grip, preparing to throw it. As long as you hit the dummy it doesn't matter.

You forced your arm forward, the trident flying from your grip, into the dummies lower stomach. You missed the target, but you still hit the dummy.

It could still be fatal to any tribute.

You turned from your show, some of the men were still watching, but others had started talking amongst themselves. Laughing at whatever from the Capitol had caught their attention.

The man who had told you to start still had some attention as he looked over your work, a small nod of approval.

"Thank you for your time." You call up, placing the trident back where you had got it from, and leaving the hall through the exit.

God you really, really hoped Ethan could pull this off. You had managed to, you believed in the boy.

————————————————————-

Sitting there next to Finnick felt like pure agony as you awaited for Ethan to return. Annie was pacing biting her names whilst Finnick, was eating grapes.

To your surprise, Tigress was sat there too, a small look of disgust at Finnicks posture. "You did good Y/n. It was a good show."

"You didn't do too bad. Shit aim but.. still good." Finnick shrugged adding on to her offering you a smile.

"That's what Cato said." You frowned leaning against the sofa, staring at the television screen. Instantly Finnick sat up a bit more, eyeing you.

"You... spoke to the career for two?" You nod. Should you tell him about the offer for an alliance.

"How long have you two been speaking?" He questioned, brows furrowed. "Nothing I've seen other than you two sparring and you knocking him over."

"A couple of days. He offered an alliance on behalf of the other.. careers too." You confessed. Annie stopped her pacing, staring at you.

"That's not a good idea." She murmured. "Careers only look out for themselves-"

"This could be good though." Finnick said thinking out loud. Annie turned to look at him, stunned at his thought.

"Think about it. Y/ns good with a trident. Get her in a group with them not just her chances, but their chances increase too." He said sitting up, using a hand to gesture towards you.

You look down feeling the idea swarm in your head. Maybe it could work.

"And if need be, you could always... run. Ditch them and hide if you feel endangered or a chance presents itself." Finnick said.

turning to Annie gently nodding at her. She seemed a bit more relieved at that idea.

"But if she runs it's a bad performance. I'd suggest she sticks around. In all honestly I think she could put a trident into Clove, maybe even Glimmers neck."

Suddenly the doors opened. In walked Ethan his fists tightly clenched. His eyes cast down. "I don't think I've done very well." He murmured.

Finnick let out a dramatic sigh. As Annie stood still, not quite meeting his gaze. Ethan, at the lack of response looked even more upset, heading towards his room, shutting the door.

After another hour, the broadcast had started, announcing the scores of all the tributes after their 'evaluation.'  Annie had quickly left the room, collecting Ethan, sitting beside him on the sofa gently squeezing his shoulders.