36|whimsical thought

Start from the beginning

"Samu!" He said loudly and pushed hard. Osamu behind him responded. He took two steps into one and stepped forward quickly. He looked at the open space in front of him and stepped hard -!

However, at the next moment, an unfamiliar resistance hit his hand. Under his disbelieving gaze, the volleyball leapt back and landed heavily on the Inarizaki court!

The moment he was stopped, what he saw was a streak of dark blue leaping high.

when?!

Osamu, who fell to the ground in shock, quickly looked over and saw only the back of Kobayashi Aotori turning around.

Atsumu patted his shoulder to remind him to come back to his senses.
Rintaro Suna took a second look because Kobayashi Aotori's blocking habits and direction were very different from other middle blockers he knew.

No matter how unpredictable the opponent is, all his actions will be clearly understood by him.

Rather, the better a blocker is, the easier it is for him to be shackled by his reputation.

However, he only felt boundless strangeness in front of Kobayashi Aotori. He had never heard of the blocking techniques used by the opponent, and he looked like a self-taught amateur.

But first, rule out this possibility. After all, for a genius like Kobayashi Aotori who studied abroad, he must have had a senior coach specializing in volleyball knowledge since he was a child.
So there can only be another possibility——
Kobayashi Aotori's blocking ability is superior to him.

Kobayashi Aotori, who turned around and walked to his teammates, listened to Tendou's praise and the deafening cheers in his ears. He didn't even notice that there was a narrow-eyed person behind him staring closely at him.

Ito, who was in the audience, couldn't control her emotions for a moment. She raised the small purple trumpet in her hand and cheered excitedly. The classmates in front of him looked at her in surprise, as if he didn't expect that the shy classmate could make such a powerful sound.

Tomoko Ito looked at the person in front of her, coughed slightly, and unnaturally returned her gaze to the game in front of her. However, the tips of her ears turned red unintentionally.

Hey, she doesn’t know when, but after becoming Aotori’s friend, she became a little more confident without realizing it.
————

Under the spotlight, Aotori's sweat flowed down his neck and into his chest. He gritted his teeth and jumped in response to Shirabu's call -!

His right eye narrowed slightly due to exertion, and with a 'pop' sound, the volleyball flew out of the field from the side of Akagi's arm.

"Beep——"

The scoreboard was fixed at 35:33.
The result finally came!
it's over.
it is finally over!!

The commentator's somewhat hoarse excited shouts rang in his ears, and Kobayashi Aotori's face showed a trace of joy for the first time in his life. This game was more tiring than playing five full games.

If Kobayashi Aotori still maintained the most basic mentality in the first two games and played with the attitude of 'the result will be the same with or without me anyway,' then in the last game, he tried his best to fight the "coercion" of Lady Luck.
——Then he reversed the predetermined ending.

After it was over, he felt intense physical and mental exhaustion. Across the net, Atsumu, who was also breathing heavily, stared at Kobayashi Aotori in front of him for a moment.
The narrow brown eyes met the round yellow-black eyes,