25 Meet The Neighbors

Depuis le début

"Are you going to stop them or should I?" Raven Kowalski-not Anna-smirked. She rose to her feet. "Go ahead, Malik," she said into the earpiece I hadn't noticed she was wearing.

Malik, one of the most lethal snipers I'd heard about, hiding somewhere mysterious, targeted a red laser dot between Andrei's eyebrows.

"Tell Andrei to stop," Raven warned.

"Here's a better idea." With lightning speed, I threw my arm around her neck, pressing the muzzle against her temple. "If you think I won't kill you, 'cause you're a woman, think again," I said in her ear. "I'm a hardcore feminist."

She made a choked noise of panic. That's better.

"Tell your brother to stop and come out of his hiding place." I cooed. "Chop chop."

"He. Can't." She struggled for air, thrashing against me. "He's hiding in a palm tree."

"Huh?" I looked around us. "Are you serious? Which one?"

She pointed towards the nearest one. I caught a glimpse of Malik's dark camouflage outfit blending into the shadows.

"Well, tell him to jump."

"He'll hurt himself!"

"Tell him to jump slowly."

Malik dropped his weapon in surrender.

Grumpy Mr. Clean stopped fighting Andrei. He glared at me and I fought back a shudder. There was a rumor he performed acupuncture on people to extract information. With sewing needles from head-to-toe deep in their bones.

Clara sprinted to me with a kitchen knife. So terrified, but ready to stab a soul. I let Raven go and wrapped my arm around her. She was shaking uncontrollably. Once again my fault.

Across from us, Andrei limped to Charlotte. He picked her up against him to carry her inside. Begrudgingly, Hugo did the same for Niko.

"The rumors are right. You are deranged." Raven grumbled, rubbing the red fingerprints I left around her throat.

"Looks like they're right about you too." I eyed her skimpy black bikini. "The cheap seductress, I assume? Luring your foolish victims in before your brothers take over?"

"I only wanted to disconnect your security from CJ so we could talk."

'Yeah?" I picked up Malik's weapon and rested it against my shoulder. "How'd that work out for you?"

"Why aren't you more angry?" She gave me a wary look as I shifted to go in with Clara.

"Oh, I'm not the one you should worry about. Wait until Niko's sister wakes up."

~

"Here." Two minutes later, Raven thrust two syringes filled with flumazenil into my hand. "This will jolt them awake in seconds."

I passed the antidotes to Andrei who promptly strode into the living room where Charlotte and Niko lay unconscious on the couch.

Raven slouched at the dining table, while Hugo sat beside her, disgruntled that I had their weapons spread out on the island behind me.