11

"I think the Christmas tree should go right there." Miranda pointed to the open space by their TV stand and couch.

"Miranda I'm not going to keep moving this heavy tree." He huffed, standing by the dining room table.

"Well, I asked you to put it up before she got here, now I can't even help you and Christmas is tomorrow." She stated patting Mia's back as she laid back on the couch with her feet up.

"You went into labor early." He pointed out.

"Two days earlier." She laughed.

Ben rolled his eyes and moved the tree to the spot she wanted.

"Yeah, that looks good... I think she's finally asleep, so I can help you decorate. Roll her bassinet over here."

Ben did as told and helped Miranda place her down. He patted her back gently to make sure she was fully asleep before they both tipped toed backward towards the tree.

"I can decorate the tree if you want to just rest. You've been up since last night."

"I'm fine, Benjamin. It's our first Christmas tree and you were up too."

"I know, but I didn't do much, but change her diaper and hand her to you."

"And I am grateful. Now come on we have a tree to decorate and the rest of the house."

Ben nodded and cut on Christmas oldies. He helped Miranda string up lights, garlands, and ornaments on the tree. Anytime he would put an ornament in a spot she didn't like she would wait until he was on the other side of the tree before she moved it. It took two hours for them to finish, but their hard work paid off. The house looked beautiful. They decorated the windows, changed their kitchen decor out to red and green, hung garland and lights down the staircase, with red bows, put a reef on their door, and changed the mats.

"When we have our big wedding in a few years. I want it to be Christmas-themed." Miranda told him smiling.

"That's a great idea. Pinecones and white lights."

"And silver decor. Then my bridesmaids can wear red dresses and the groomsmen red ties."

"Wait is it wise to have our wedding anniversary in December with Christmas and Mia's birthday?"

"Our anniversary is always going to be June 20th."

"So we will just do a Christmas wedding because we want it."

"Precisely. Put the topper on." She gestured to the gold Bethlehem star.

"You do it."

"Now you know I'm not tall enough for that." She scuffed, rolling her eyes.

Ben lifted her in the air causing her to gasp.
"Now what were you saying?" He asked, kissing the side of her neck.

"Nothing. Hand me the star."

Ben reached for the star and handed it to her. He walked a little bit closer so his wife could put it on top. Sitting her back on her feet, he watched as she stood there, looking at the tree silently.

"Hey, what's wrong," Ben questioned with concern, wrapping his arms around her body.

"Nothing," Miranda said, wiping her eyes. "There is absolutely nothing wrong. I've never been so happy in my life and it's all a bit overwhelming." Turning in his arms, she nuzzled her head onto Ben's shoulder for comfort.

"I don't think I've ever been more happier than right now either. I feel complete. I love you so much."

Miranda lifted her head off of Ben's shoulder, peering into his eyes, "I love you too," she replied, pressing her lips to his in a heated kiss that left both of them wanting more.