10

Ben walked into the breakroom and grabbed his lunch from the refrigerator. He sat down at the table with everyone and began unpacking the contents. He wasn't sure what Miranda made for his lunch today. Examining it he smiled at the BBQ baked chicken, roasted potatoes, and a salad.

"Hey, what's this?" Elijah asked picking up the yellow sticky note.

Ben looked as everyone peered over and read what it said before he could.

"Damn man your wife leaves you notes like that." He countered, amused.

"My wife isn't as spontaneous." Calvin laughed.

"My wife doesn't even make my lunch," Sean added.
"Give me that." Ben scolded taking it from Elijah's hand.

"Here's a cookie for now... and you can have my cookie later ;) Have a great day husband."

Ben read the note and choked in embarrassment.

"Uh, yeah, Miranda's very spontaneous." He stated, chuckling to himself.

"We can see." They laughed, patting his shoulders.

Ben blushed once again before he pulled out his phone and sent Miranda a text.

Ben: You are something else woman.

Miranda: I take it you got my note.

Ben: I did and just letting you know I'll be serving milk to go with your cookie.

Miranda: You are nasty.

Ben: You started it ;p

Miranda: I have a meeting tonight so it'll be around 8 when I get home.

Ben: I'll be home waiting...

Miranda: Looking forward to it ;)

Ben put his phone up and continued to eat his lunch.

"What are you looking at?" Ben asked Calvin as he highlighted sections in a newspaper.

"This is The New York Times and I'm looking at the stock listing."

"I've been doing some research on that." He countered. "Do you have any tips or recommendations?"

"I've been using a few old-school brokerage firms. Schwab and Fidelity have been around for ages."

"Not to be in you guys conversation." Lisa a QA analyst spoke. "But my husband and I have been investing for a while. It's been quite the rollercoaster. My tip is that it's important to diversify and not put all your money on one stock. I would recommend Anios, Amazon, Steel Connect, Siebert Financial, and Apple. Those seem to be performing really well right now."

"Thanks," Ben noted writing down what she said.

"No problem. Let me know if you have any questions."

"I will thanks."

After classes, Miranda drove home and got in bed. She was thankful that her last one ended early and allowed her this opportunity. She was wiped out. Miranda made sure she set the alarm clock, so she would wake up in time to get back to campus before she dozed off.

At 6, Miranda woke up and looked around. Ben normally got off at 4 or at the latest 5, but he wasn't home. She was hoping that he would be so he could drop her off. Putting her shoes back on she grabbed her jacket and purse and drove to the school. Like normal she parked behind the B.A.L building and walked inside to the classroom.

"Suprise." They all shouted and Miranda jumped.

She was absolutely speechless. All around the room, there were decorations. Everything was pink and purple. There was a banner saying congratulations it's a girl on it. There were also games and gifts. She felt tears falling down her face in happiness. She didn't want a baby shower originally because she hadn't spoken to her family in months and didn't really have any friends, but this truly made her happy that her group members would do this for her. Miranda smiled at the girls and wiped her eyes.