Chapter 15: I Can Handle Myself

Start from the beginning

A lot of people on the beach glanced at them the moment they got there. It wasn’t common to see Housen students and Oya High students in one location without ensuing a fight. Let alone, a beach.

“I thought Tsukishima-san would come, Todoroki? I heard from Nozomi they even invited her,” Tsukasa approached the male with glasses. They were both staring at the sea but glanced at Nozomi and the others as they heard them laugh.

“She’s currently out of town,” Todoroki replied, letting out a sigh. 

Tsukasa didn’t expect he would reply since he kept his relationship with Ena private. Besides, Todoroki Yosuke himself is not that expressive with his feelings.

The blonde male smirked and nodded, “I see.”

“Tsukasa!” Fujio called as he approached them, “Let’s go play volleyball!”

“I thought Kiko wanted to play,” Tsukasa scoffed, smirking at his best friend, “Don’t tell me you’re the one who likes to play?”

“Of course not!” Fujio quickly said, throwing the ball in the air and catching it, “I’m just asking you to join me to play.”

“Why don’t you ask the twins?”

“Yeah, I was about to,” the black-haired male turned towards where the twins were. He stopped when he only saw Madoka and Yui, “Where are they?”

“Huh? They were just there moments ago,” Tsukasa said as he also glanced at the twins’ previous location. They were just a few meters away from them earlier.

“Maybe they’ve gone to collect more shells by the side of that big rock,” Todoroki suggested, pointing to the large rock a bit farther away from them.

“Yeah, maybe,” Tsukasa muttered. He was about to ask Fujio to look for the twins so they could play but the other guys saw the ball and they decided to play with them instead.

“We’ll let the twins join later when they get back,” Kiyoshi suggested.

Tsukasa and Fujio glanced at each other, silently agreeing.

The blonde walked towards the other players as they grouped each other. 

However, he couldn’t seem to shake off the worry for the twins.

‘Something’s off,’ he thought, glancing at the big rock where Kiko and Nozomi were supposed to be.

Meanwhile, the twins had wandered on the other side of the rock to collect more shells. They had seen a lot of things buried in the sand, most of them were trash.

Sticks, wallets, plastic wrapper of some candies, and other things that are garbage.

“Geez, people are really throwing things near the ocean,” Kiko commented, “I feel bad for the turtles.”

“Just the turtles?” Nozomi asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, not only them! But I thought they were mainly the ones who accidentally eat trash in the sea?” 

“No idea,” the younger twin shrugged. She crouched down when she saw something shining in the sand. 

Nozomi dusted off the sand to a pinkish small shell she saw. It was pretty that she couldn’t help but admire it for a few seconds.

“Hey, Kiko. Look what I found–” she trailed off as her sister was nowhere to be found when she finally looked up.

She was just a few inches away beside her earlier.

“Hey, let go of her already! She already said she doesn’t want to go with you!” Nozomi quickly looked at the top of the rock. 

She saw her sister with two guys and a girl. One of the guys was holding the girl by her wrist. 

The older twin was glaring at the two guys, seemingly trying to stop them. But they won’t listen to her.

“Mind your own business, bitch,” the guy who was holding the girl said, clicking his tongue in annoyance.

Kiko gritted her teeth in anger and Nozomi knew that hit a nerve on her sister. She quickly climbed up the rock to get to them.

“The heck did you just say, you fucker?!”

“Why? What’re you going to do? Cry?” the other guy taunted, “You’re just a girl, go and scram.”

Nozomi knew that would be the last straw as she hurried up to approach her sister.

Kiko ran towards the other guy and was about to punch him. The guy, who was holding the girl, tripped Kiko suddenly, causing her to go out of balance.

“Kiko!” Nozomi yelled at the top of her lungs as she saw her sister fall at the edge of the rock and towards the water.

She didn’t waste any time and was about to jump when someone held her by the waist and someone else jumped in her stead.

“It’s okay. Fujio will save her,” Tsukasa’s familiar voice whispered behind her and it calmed her down.

However, when she turned around to see the two guys who caused her sister to fall, she didn’t waste any time to land a punch on the guy who tripped Kiko.

Seems like Tsukasa let go of her at the right time, bruising the guy’s nose.

“Ah!” the male screamed, covering his bleeding nose, “Y-You bitch!”

“Shut up!” Yasushi and Kiyoshi seemed to have beaten the two guys while Shidaken guided the girl down the rock.

Nozomi and the rest also went down. She ran immediately to her sister when she saw her by the shore with Fujio. Yuken and the rest were already with them.

“Are you okay?” the girl questioned, worry filling her eyes.

“Yeah, of course!” Kiko grinned. 

Nozomi gritted her teeth as she saw her sister’s trembling hands.

Kiko doesn’t know how to swim so it was a scary experience for her falling down the sea.

“Of course, my ass!” Fujio suddenly shouted, causing the others to look at him, “You’re trembling!”

“Because the water is cold!” Kiko explained, “But I’m really–”

“Why would you do something idiotic like going up there when you can’t even swim?!”

“I was just helping the–”

“You shouldn’t have done that! If we didn’t see you two up there, we wouldn’t even get there in time!” Fujio yelled. His brows were furrowed and he looked angry.

Kiko was surprised to see him all angry at her. 

It confused her. She doesn’t know what she did wrong because in her perspective, she did what she had to do.

“What am I supposed to do?! Ignore her?! Of course, I couldn’t leave her alone with those jerks!”

“Did you even think for a moment about yourself and your sister when you pulled that stunt?! You would’ve been in danger instead!”

“In case you didn’t know, I can handle myself!”

“Oh, yeah right,” Fujio gave a bitter scoff, “You fell into the water and almost drowned. Sure you can handle yourself.”

“Why are you being a jerk, huh?!”

“Alright, that’s enough,” Yuken stopped the both of them before it could get any worse, “Kiko, Nozomi, let’s talk.”

----

Well, hello everyone! It's already 2024

Happy new year! May we have the best year. :>