Chapter 8: Pretty Girl

"A little bird told me you've been hanging out with a pretty girl," Fuyumi said with a smirk.

---

Fujio went home early as his mother told him to. When he got home, the male found Hanaoka Miki and Hanaoka Fuyumi in front of their apartment. 

The mother-daughter duo is having a drink while sitting casually as if they weren't even locked outside of their home. 

"Why are you two here?" Fujio questioned.

"We got locked outside," Fuyumi answered as she drank her beer. 

"Get to work," their mother told the male making him look at her in question. Fujio didn't say anything as he tried to pick the lock of their home. 

"Why aren't you in your apartment?" Fujio asked his older sister.

"I just got back from work and Mom told me I can eat dinner here," the woman answered.

"And now you two are just drinking outside," Fujio mumbled but was ignored by the two.

"How's your boyfriend?" Miki asked her daughter.

"Ever since he bought a bike and got his license, he went straight out of town, I think he'll be back by next week," Fuyumi nonchalantly said.

"Aren't you worried that he'll find someone else on his way?" Miki questioned making both of her children snort. 

"He's not that stupid," Fujio commented while still trying to unlock the door.

"Well, I was just wondering," their mother shrugged.

Fuyumi chuckled and shook her head. "He waited for me for seven years, mom. I don't think he will change his mind."

They were silent for a minute until her mother popped another question that sent Fuyumi into spitting her beer inside her mouth.

"When's the wedding?"

"What are you talking about?! We just started dating like two months ago!" Fuyumi said while coughing. 

Fujio laughed at his sister's reaction while their mother rolled her eyes at the oldest. 

"You're not getting any younger. I want to have grandkids soon!" 

"Oh, my god, Mom!" Fuyumi groaned in frustration as she chugged her beer. 

"What about you, Fujio?" Miki asked as she turned to her son.