confront

Joseph walked quickly towards the school's gates after he noticed Y/n behind him. He didn't want a scene to occur in front of his classmates, especially after school when everyone was leaving.

"Why have you been ignoring me? Joseph! I'm talking to you!" Y/n followed after him while he tried to ignore her.

It had been a few days since Joseph's realization, and he had been trying to avoid her at all costs.

He outpaced her, walking far ahead. He didn't know whether to speak or to keep silent to prevent saying something he'd regret.

Joseph's brain clouded as he thought of everything he could say to get her off his back. The last thing he wanted to do was say something hurtful, and have her hate him for the rest of his days.

Bystanders watched as she grabbed his arm and forced him to face her. "You like me and then suddenly hate me? I've been trying to talk to you for days!" She exclaimed wildly.

Joseph had always found some type of excuse to avoid her, whether it was studying or running errands for some friends.

He refused to respond, opting to twist away from her grip and continue walking. She began to walk beside him, trying to talk about his erratic behavior.

They had finally left campus, although they got odd looks from their classmates. Joseph guessed that they thought they were bickering as usual.

He was beginning to get tired of the one-sided argument.

He turned around and stopped, grabbing her by the arms.

"Look, it was a mistake to start liking you. We can't even be together in public. You should be with a guy who can be proud of you." He sighed, putting his hand on his forehead exhaustedly.

Y/n pushed slightly away from him with a betrayed look. "I want you, and only you. There has to be some other reason you don't want this anymore."

He didn't want it to come to this point, but there was no other option. She was definitely unhappy with this situation.

He held himself back before starting to speak. "I didn't want to tell you, but there's someone else. I got bored of you." He lied through his teeth, seeing the expression on her face change from furious to dejected.

"What?" She whispered in a heartbroken tone. They stood in silence as she began to tear up. She thought he was different, but she was unpleasantly surprised.

"I cannot believe you made me believe that you changed! You're the same awful person that I met when school started!" She smacked his chest, pushing him back.

"I really liked you! I thought we'd be together!" She winced as she continued to speak. Joseph struggled to speak, staying at a loss of words.

After a few minutes, her voice died down as she looked disappointedly at him. The tears she was struggling to hold back began to pour down her face.

Y/n couldn't handle seeing him while she cried. She walked off, not sparing a glance back at him.

She covered her mouth as she left, silently sobbing into her hand.