Part 19 : Know more (2)

“ You didn't sleep?"

Arjun asked a widely awake Akshara who had a book in her hand and was sitting on the couch . She just shook her head. 

Seeing her silently sitting and reading, he too took a seat near her and looked at the book she was reading. 

Akshara could feel him trying to peep into the book , she smiled and forwarded the book to him .

“ No,no , I don't read books , I was just curious to know what you were reading."

He smiled sheepishly. 

“ It's a novel by Charlotte Bronte."

“ So you don't have WhatsApp?"

That was a question more than a statement,  he was trying to build a conversation and she not so actively but took participate. 

“ Nope ."

“ May I know why ?"

“ I , I don't know much about technologies and I really don't have time ."

He nodded as understanding even though he didn't. 

He just wanted her to be comfortable around him,  open up to him .

Akshara silently observed her husband's unsuccessful attempts to make the conversation,  even she was liking it but conversation needed energy. 

“ I love watching movies but I don't get time for that now ."

Him telling her about his favorites and she listening carefully to him suddenly made her question  'When was the last time she watched a movie?' She really don't remember. 

“ I haven't watched a movie since ages ."

She abruptly cut him off from his speech who stared at her in shock.

“ What ?"

Arjun couldn't believe his own ears , like how someone can stay alive without watching movies .

“ I can't believe."

Arjun whispered shockingly , he tries watching a movie when  all the cousins meet up .

“ I love watching movies of every genre , it's that after starting my own company,  I don't get time like before."

“ You have your own company ?"

Akshara asked surprisingly and Arjun nodded

“ I always wanted to have something that'd be my legacy , I work in Papa's company though , I started one three years ago and that had started to run smoothly now , even Dev is a part of it , we both own it together. "

With that sweet smile , she nodded but said nothing. 

“ Do you have a favorite pass time ?"

He asked and she nodded whilst raising the book in her hand .

The communication just like that carried on till the wee hours of morning until Arjun slept off , Akshara couldn't sleep past her usual time,  she silently watched her husband's sleeping form .

He slept like a baby with one hand over the head almost hitting the headrest and the one holding the blanket in a tight hold.

Akshara hated getting random flashbacks of her childhood,  where she was mistreated by her own family.

A 10 year old Akshara thought, living life as her parents says would make her parents love her more but the opposite happened.

It was half past eight in the morning when Arjun woke up , he sat looking at the door lost in thoughts.

Akshara nervously tapped her fingers while waiting for her sister who called up her to meet at the restaurant. 

“ What is it ?"

Akshara gave her sister a blank look and sat quietly.

“ I'm asking you something, Akshara."

“ I don't know."

“ Why are you so cold towards Arjun ? You did say yes to him voluntarily,  we didn't pressure you , why so moody and gloomy ?"

“ There's nothing as such ."

“ No. You're depressed and so uncomfortable."

“ Di , it's all new , I'm just getting to know him."

“ If you won't talk to him how'll know him ?"

“ Athira di , I'll take time I'm just , I don't know. "

“ FYI I got married for the first time too , ain't making efforts , but you're not.  I can clearly see that "

When Akshara remained silent , Athira felt guilty but neither of them uttered a word after that .

Soon their husbands joined them and they set out explore the city again. 

Returning to home , Akshara was skeptical and confused,  she wanted to take time to get into her current life and take slowly things but after Athira's sudden outburst Akshara was in a dilemma.

She was again doubting herself and her decisions and again feeling guilty for the way she behaved. 

Arjun noticed his wife being silent and assumed her to be exhausted. He sat watching a movie while she skimmed through the book that she held in her hand. Mentally blaming herself.

Soon it was for them to return to Delhi. 

Signing off
Ashwani