Chapter 13 : The engagement

And the day has finally arrived,tomorrow is our engagement,remembering what happened last time

And the day has finally arrived,tomorrow is our engagement,remembering what happened last time. I wanted to keep it as low as it can be. Half of the family will be here for the wedding so only some friends and distant relatives plus neighbors will be attending the engagement.

After the coffee day , I have not texted or met Akshara. Just because I was self doubting, I was miserably comparing Shanaya and Akshara. Then Akshara has her own flaws , I like her. Liking too early isn't a good thing but she's different. Quiet and reserved that I feel so me with her.

The wedding is next month , yeah so soon. Actually Dev's marriage was already fixed so we're conducting ours too. Things are being rushed into I hope everything falls in its place.

I reached the Venue earlier with Dev. We both were alloted a room. The blue suit by Bhabhi is so awesome. Plus we have an extra unwanted piece with us “Rudra ” the youngest and maddest Malhotra. He's a free spirited man.

“ Ajju bhai, bhabhi looks so hot in peach , I bet Dev bhai is going to get an attack.“ Rudra said making me laugh and Dev grit his teeth. Let me tell you Rudra has no filter in his mouth.

“And how's Akshara? Did you meet her ? ” Dev asked Rudra,giving me a wink . “ Na , I didn't see her. Oh god I didn't meet my choti bhabhi. Guys I'll be back till then miss me ” he said dashing out. 

Dev and I looked at each other and shook our heads.

Dev was taken into the dias for exchanging rings and I was standing next to him. I looked around for Akshara and she was nowhere to be found. And thanks to my luck Rudy ( Rudra) saw me and bump his shoulder against mine and winked at me. I raised my eyebrows at him asking what. He whispered into my ear “ Akshu bhabhi is looking amazing and bilkul a flower from the garden and a blueberry. Wait you hate blueberries,  right. You gonna freaking love blueberries from now .”
He winks mann.

I was startled at his words. I shake my head to take out the blueberries images from my head. Dev went down on his knees and made bhabhi wear her rings . So romantic. Should I do this as well? No so awkward.

I congratulated Dev and bhabhi. Both were looking so in love and happy. Wait the only one with no smile is Akshara's father. He had a frown on his face. Not so happy I guess.

Rudra patted my back and I looked at him to see him looking at the entrance. There was she, walking with her head hung down. I can feel her trembling. Rudra elbowed me and I was taken back into the reality. She still had her head hung down.

She gave me princess vibes. I smiled at my own thought. She forwarded her trembling hands to me and I held her wrist with one hand. The next moment i held her hand she looked at me shocked. Her kohl filled eyes looked so warm and I forgot to breath. A loud applause and congratulations broke my reverie.

We were sitting and I was looking at her hands. Shivering, trembling and whatnot. I was going to put my hand on her hand then suddenly Athira Bhabhi held her hands and was whispering something into her ears.