Chapter 8 : The Arjun Malhotra

SHANAYA KAPOOR Weds ARJUN MALHOTRA

I tore the last invitation card into pieces and thrown it into the fire, just like the pieces burning into ashes , I was too burned , lost and depressed.  Now that I have learned to put behind the past, I can say I'm moving on.
I had not been the Arjun Malhotra everyone knows , some scars are as such,they have a power to kill you. I wished if death was easy and granted it to me. But no , I was left empty. Well now , it doesn't matter anymore. Putting behind those three years into the fire , I took my blazer and started my car .
Entering home, I met my sister Arya, this girl has been married since 5 years but everyday I find her here . Hers is a love marriage, I wonder how the Singhania's tolerate her . She gave me a goofy smile , that means something is wrong . I tried asking her but the dumb she's,left without answering.  Dumb, dumber, dumbest Arya.
“Ajju , where were you ? I called you a thousand times , what's with you not responding to my calls ?"  Maa bombarded me with questions as soon as I stepped into the dining.  “ I had a meeting, what's the matter,  what's with Arya smiling like an idiot?”  I mimicked Arya's expressions . I like to rile her . “ Now don't you both start fighting,Ajju go , freshen up and come , I have something to discuss” Maa dodged my question successfully.  I silently moved to my room , the only place where I find a bit of silence . As soon as I returned to the dining, Maa blasted a bomb . “ They gave me their younger daughter's kundli and I have asked our Pandit ji about it and he said it's a great match . Well , I personally don't find her of your level, the family is good.” Maa shared a bit of information. Can anyone elaborate, I'm unable to understand. “ We have not met her personally Maa , and I bet she must be as same as Athira, we'll anyway get to know this tomorrow. ” Arya gave her advice . Like we asked you , shut up . “ What's the matter?”  I inquired,come on , I'm a member of this family, I need to know.  “ Dev's fiancée has a younger sister and our mom and chachi had asked her hand for you. Is this information enough , Mr Jr Malhotra?”  The unwanted piece , my sister butted in . Like I asked her . “ What ?”  I questioned . And then Maa explained that they saw that girl's photo and asked her hand for me if they were searching for an alliance .That family happily agreed and so on.  Well , good going ,thanks, anyway I knew it  but yesterday only I agreed for marriage and now they had found an alliance. Women I tell you , especially Mothers. I nodded at everything,had my food silently and walked to my room.  I need space . Even though I gave into Maa's compulsion , I don't know if I'm ready for a marriage now.

I run an automobile company along with that work in my father's construction company.  I maintain finance at papa's company . My automobile company started two years back in which Dev is a joint CEO too. We both cousins grew up together . We both share same thinking and interest. Thinking about tomorrow's meeting,  I dozed off. Totally forgetting I'm going to change someone's life upside down.

Early morning, when I returned from jog, I saw my mom gesturing me to join them . I went over to them , sat near Maa , she handed me a cup of coffee. Coffee , my life .
“ We'll meet them over the lunch today at  LA Daliya restaurant,  so you have to come there directly” Maa stated . I nodded remembering yesterday's discussion. Maa continued “ Her name is Akshara , studying I guess. She has not been informed much about you so , you can meet and talk to her today .” “Okay , is she  informed about my past ? If not then I'll tell her today ” I clarified , not wanting to create any problems. To which I saw a sudden panic in Maa and then she proclaimed “ No , you don't have to tell her that . I'll meet her some other day and explain her everything. You meet her today and try to know about each other. Leave everything else to me .”  She's right,a women can understand another women perfectly than a man . I nodded and gave her a hug,  giving a hifi to papa walked over to my room.  Gotta go do some business. 
Business, the one and only thing that's striving me forward . First I've to go to my company, then lunch and then to  papa's company. Busy life .

When the clock struck 12:30 pm , my phone chimed. It was a text from Maa saying to reach the restaurant in half an hour. I rushed to the restaurant. In the parking lot , I texted Maa to know there whereabouts. I waited and then saw Dev rushing to me . He's madly in love with Athira bhabhi. Walking to the lounge , I saw a couple and two girls , the one in a blue saree is bhabhi , so the other one in yellow dress is Akshara . She's looking as if she'd seen a ghost.  I greeted everyone and took a seat next to Arya . I looked at the girl , she was looking down ,maybe shy . And then Ambika chachi told everyone that we should be allowed to talk to each other . I stood up and saw her also standing,  I gestured her to come along with me . She followed me , we sat at a distance, her back facing our families , I looked at her and then saw her glancing everywhere except me . And then she gave me a small smile which I returned.  She's looking confused. To kill the awkwardness,  I decided to start the conversation “So your name is Akshara, right. Do you know my name ?” I asked her even though I  know her name .She looked shocked and then stuttered “ Hh..haa, yes . Ar..Arjun.” Smiling a bit more , I tried to reply casually “ I thought they didn't tell you about my name , I was told you're not informed much about me, is there something you wanna know ?”  “ umm…yeah … Nothing, no” she said again stuttering. Does she has a stuttering problem or is she nervous?  “ Okay , then let me ask you some questions. What do you do ? ”  I inquired. “ PG , first year, politics ” she replied answers in short . I gave her a smile and said “ Well, they are pretty much excited , but you can decide whatever you want about this proposal, and inform me , okay.”  she  just noded her head . “ Give me your contact number so that before you inform your family,  you can tell me so I can also inform mine. That'd be easy for both the families” I  explained wanting to get her number. She nodded her head again and blinked her eyes . I think it was a wrong move , idiot Arjun .“ I left phone in the car I guess ”   She said almost apologising and before i could say anything Arya di walked in saying it's time to leave.  So I gave her a smile and walked over to the lounge.

In the evening, when I came home, I  was bombarded with questions. Seeing their excitement, I said yes and asked if they've responded or not . Receiving no such thing, I retired to my room . After dinner , I sat in the balcony swing and recalled the meeting . Akshara,  a girl with no girl perfections. She wore a yellow dress in which she looked good , about being beautiful,  I don't know if she looked beautiful or not . She definitely don't know how to carry her dress . She's nervous, stutters and almost gives shocked expressions . I think it's because we met for the first time.

Am I ready to be married? I questioned myself only to get the answer, No . I'm a firm believer of twin flames and soulmate. Maybe she's my soulmate.  Well ,let's see what the family has to say. I don't have her contact number to know beforehand.  I sighed and continued my work .

Let the universe decide……

Signing off
Ashwani