013 | back to new york

xiii

xiii. I hate you for what you did
but I miss you like a little kid

NEW YORK DIDNT FEEL LIKE HOME anymore. Everywhere she looked, she could see him.

He was there when she passed the theatre that they had gone to see Moulin Rouge in. He was there at that little sandwich shop they has visited.

He was on the pavements where he had kissed her in the rain in the classic cliche moment.

Daisy turned the corner, trying to igmore it all. It was her first day back at school tomorrow and she had to act like nothing had changed at all when it was all different.

She walked down the alleyway, heading towards the apartment block when she heard a loud cracking noise.

She turned around to see Luke grimacing as he realised he'd stepped on a tin can and that was what had given him away.

Her breath hitched in her throat. He looked like the same boys she had fallen in love with but that wasn't him. It couldn't be him because he would never hurt her like this.

"Luke," she stated, clearly angry. She hadn't seen him in three weeks and now he showed up here.

She turned round and pulled the sword from her backpack. She took a few steps before she swung her sword out, holding it at him. It lightly grazed his neck but he didn't even flinch. She would never hurt him.

"Hi baby," he said, voice hoarse.

Luke looked down at the way that she held that sword to his neck and he knew that this was his biggest problem. He was so in love with her that he would let her destroy him if she wanted to.

He would let her dig that sword into his neck and he would die a happy man because he was loved by her. Although that was all true, his mission blinded him.

All he could see were her hands shaking around the sword. He took a step forward, placing a hand tentatively on the sword and lowering it down.

She didn't resist. Daisy was in so much shock about the situation that she didn't know what to do. All she could do was look into his eyes and wonder if the boy she loved was still in there.

How did she not see it coming?

"I should kill you for what you did," her words were quiet, almost like she was afraid to speak.

He pursed his lips together, "I've come back for you, just like I promied,"

Her upset and betrayal turned to anger in that moment and she couldn't even stand the sight of him.