007 | capture the flag

vii

vii. but when he walks in, I am loved,
I am loved. me and my husband

THE NEXT DAY, LUKE WAS CALLED off early in the morning and although she should have been there too, Chiron still had her assigned to looking after Percy.

Chiron saw how special the new kid was and he seemed to have a special gift in noticing these things.

She remembered when Luke came to camp after she got there. Chiron told her that he was going to change everything and here he was, in love with her.

Her life had changed completely since then and she knew that was what he meant. She hoped.

Percy was curious. He was always asking about the stories from camp, about what she had done, about quests she'd been on - which she clarified she'd only been on one.

He laughed at the silly stories about Luke running from the cleaning harpies or her, Nina and Lily jumping into the lake one summer.

Deep down, he knew he wanted something just like that.

They walked into the clearing and she quickly wrapped up the story about when Luke visited her at NYU and had to fight off a gorgon.

Percys brows furrowed as he heard the sound of grunting and swords clashing against each other and when they turned the corner, he watched in awe at the scene.

There were people training with swords and people putting their armour on.

"Camp warfare, all Glory to the Victor's," she explained.

He looked around, a smile on his face as he took it all in. This was the life he was going to lead from now on.

"Where's Luke?" He asked, scanning the area.

She spotted him instantly, seeinf him standing with Annabeth discussing the plan, "Training, see,"

She pointed him out and Percy nodded. He didnt expect Daisy to whistle for him, and definitely not for the boy to look up at her.

She chuckled, watching as he finished his conversation with Annabeth.

"You guys are like the IT couple right?" Percy asked.

Daisy smiled. It was nice for kids who often didn't have stable parents to see a happy couple for once.

They had been branded the IT couple since they first met, an unbreakable duo that became the most powerful kids in camp.

"A little bit like that. We're kind of the oldest in the camp, the most awarded. It's not self proclaimed, don't worry. It was Annabeth who called us that," she said.

She remembered Annabeth being a little girl, 8 years old and asking about the couple. Curious as to what a healthy relationship looked like.

They basically raised her over the years and Daisy cared about her like she would her own sister, or a daughter.