Segment 22

Meerab and Murtasim returned home after a blissful journey, their hearts brimming with memories of the picturesque landscapes and romantic moments they had shared. As they stepped into their familiar surroundings, a comforting sense of belonging enveloped them.

It was 6 in the evening when they approached Khan mension. Hd came out of the car first and headed towards her side to open the car door for her. Her heart filled with a kind of happiness and anticipation seeing him caring about her.

As they entered in the mension maa begum welcomed both of them with a warm smile. Marium came downstairs runningly and pulled Meerab into her embrace.

"I missed you so much bhabi", she chirped hugging her.

"Me too", Meerab exclaimed.

They broke the hug. Maa begum suggested them to take some rest before dinner. They nodded and walked towards the living room followed by marium, who was  looking excited and anxious to listen about their trip.Marium showered them with thousands of her questions.

After dinner, they headed towards their bedroom, surrounded by the warmth of familiar furniture and cherished mementos.

Silently walking towards their walking closet she grabbed onto a simple plain pink suit. After changing she sat infront of the mirror to apply moisturizer.

He entered in the room with hesitation. The air was filled with a different kind of tension. He cleared his throat to catch her  attention. Ignoring his presence she continued with her skin care routine.
He walked towards the dressing table and took the com in his hands.

He pull the hairstick from her hairs, causing her long shiny hairs falling on her back. With help of the comb he started to detangling her hairs. She was amazed yet shocked for a moment. Their eyes meet through the mirror.

"Yeh kya kar rahe ho?", she asked.

"Baal bandh raha hun", he uttered focusing his eyes on her hairs.

"Tumhein aati bhi hai?", she asked again.

"Umm... Haan thoda thoda", he replied.

A wave of oldest childhood memories wash over her. She still remember how he used to make braid with her short hairs. It's a nostalgia for both of them.

"Tumhein yaad hai maine ekbar tumhare Baal'on par chewing chipka di thi", he exclaimed with a chuckle.

"Haan haan, phir toh baba Saab ki pitai bhi yaad hogi tumhein?", she Uttered slightly narrowing her eyes towards him.

Securing the braid with the help of rubberband he walked towards his side of the the bed.

"If you don't mind would you like to share the bed with me?", he asked. His eyes are fixed with hers.

Her lips parted.

"Please mana mat karna"

She nodded.

As the night wove its magic, Meerab and Murtasim found themselves drifting into dreams, carrying the essence of their shared moments.

Murtasim, his gaze lingering on Meerab, spoke softly, "Remember our first bicycle ride? The excitement and uncertainty?"

Meerab chuckled, "How could I forget? The way you hurt me that time. It feels like a lifetime ago."

As they reminisced, the memories painted a vivid picture of their childhood. Murtasim continued, "And now, every corner of this place holds stories. It's become a testament to our growth, hasn't it?"

Meerab nodded, "Absolutely. It's not just a home; it's a living story book of our childhood. Every piece of furniture, every photo on the wall, it's all a chapter."