Segment 21

As the sunlight hit their eyes and cast a golden yet soft glow all over the hotel room. He opened  his eyes first. She startled near his chest. Scrunching her eyes she sits up on her place.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes filled with genuine worry. Meerab, still shaken by the echoes of the nightmare, nodded. Grateful for Murtasim's care, she found solace in his presence, the warmth of the morning sun gradually dispelling the lingering shadows of the night.

"Yaa, I'm feeling good now", she replied.

"Aab bataogi kya cheez tumhein pareshan kar rahi hai?", he asked with concern.

"Woh actually," she began, her voice carrying a mix of vulnerability and determination. "Last night was... weird. I had this nightmare, you know? It felt so real, like I was stuck in this dark maze, koi nhi tha wahan."

Murtasim, looking concerned, gently encouraged her to share more. Meerab continued, the words spilling out as she described the unsettling scenes that had played out in her mind. Murtasim listened attentively, offering a supportive presence as she unraveled the details of her troubled sleep. He held her hand on his.

"It's just, I couldn't find my way out, and it was like the shadows were closing in, main bhaag Rahi hun par rasta khatam ho nhi ho raha" Meerab confessed, her gaze fixed on their hands. "I woke up feeling trapped, scared even."

"I'm here for you, Meerab. You don't have to face those shadows alone. Sometimes talking about it helps, you know?", he said .

"Main tumpe kaise bharosa kar lun bolo. Tum ek pal aise rehte ho ke mere kitne apne ho aur dusre pal paraya kar dete ho", she spit with a forced smile. Her eyes are fixed with his.

"Aab kabhi nhi karunga. I'm promising you", he said.

She looked at him,

"We're getting late. Saba and rohail will be there in a few minutes knocking on the door"

So it's their last day in Paris. So they thought to enjoy the day putting all the controversies aside.

He totally lost in her beauty. She was looking like a fairy in a light pink A line dress. Her hairs are cascading her face. Her doe eyes and especially her lips are drowning him crazy.

"Chalein?", he asked.

He offered her his hand and she held it tightly.

Meerab and Murtasim strolled through the enchanting streets of  the city, hand in hand, their laughter echoing along the picturesque canals. The city's romantic ambiance seemed to cast a spell on them, creating an intimate atmosphere as they explored its hidden corners.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the ancient buildings, Meerab and Murtasim found themselves on a secluded bridge. With a gentle breeze playing with Meerab's hair, Murtasim looked into her eyes, a mixture of love and anticipation reflecting in his gaze. He just can't help but imagine how she will look if he gives her a kiss in front of everyone. Damn her cheeks will be red like cherries.

The anticipation lingered, the unspoken connection between them palpable. They shared whispered promises amid the backdrop of the twinkling city lights. The unexplored chapters of their life,
like an unwritten tale waiting to unfold against the romantic canvas of Italy.

They savored the delectable cuisine, explored historic landmarks, and embraced the artistry that surrounded them. Yet, an unspoken tension lingered between them, an invisible thread that wove through their shared glances and stolen moments.

In the soft glow of the setting sun, Murtasim found himself standing before Meerab, the weight of his past actions heavy on his heart. The air was filled with a tense silence as he took a deep breath, gathering the courage to speak.

"Mujhe kuch kehna hai", he said in a low voice.

"Bolo", she exclaimed looking at him.

"Meerab," he began, his voice carrying a mix of sincerity and regret, "there are moments in life where we realize the impact of our choices. Looking back, I see how my actions have hurt you, and for that, I am truly sorry."

He continued, "pichle paanch saal se na maine kabhi tumhara haal pucha, aur na hi tumse Milne Gaya. Tumhein bohot ai baat buri lagi hain. Magar yakeen Karo ek wajah thi jo main bol nhi saka".

Meerab met his gaze, her eyes reflecting a blend of pain and curiosity. "Murtasim, Alfaz kabhi kabhi talwaron se bhi zyada ghaw dete hain, and I felt the wounds of your choices. But here you are, willing to face the consequences. What do you want to say?"

With a sincerity that echoed through his words, Murtasim continued, "I want you to know that I've spent more time replaying those moments in my mind, mujhe ehsaas ho gaya hai meri galtiyon ka. I was blinded by my own shortcomings, and in the process, I hurt you. I am truly sorry for the hurt I've inflicted upon you."

The weight of his confession hung in the air, and Meerab, though guarded, sensed the genuine remorse in Murtasim's words. She looked into his eyes, searching for sincerity, "Murtasim, apologies are a start, but actions speak louder than words. How do I know things will change?"

"I understand," Murtasim replied, his determination evident. "I don't expect forgiveness overnight. What I want you to know is that I am committed to making amends. I've learned from my mistakes, and I want to show you through my actions that you mean more to me than the pain caused."

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm hue over the scene, Meerab observed the vulnerability in Murtasim's eyes. The sincerity in his words began to chip away at the walls she had built.

"Murtasim," she said, her tone softened, "change doesn't happen overnight, but if you're willing to prove yourself, to show that your words are more than just apologies, then perhaps we can find a way forward."

"you know na what is I'm doing. Feudalism isn't easy at all. I've too many enemies. You belong to the sky meerab not to the cage. If I die, then maa will make your life wroae, she won't get you married to another man. And my enemies will try to harm you also", he explained.

He eyes are getting teary. He continued,
"You're deserve freedom meerab. You know how our families tradition is. Aur main nhi chahta tha ke tum inn sab mein judd jao, inn sab ke beech Tum khud ko kho do. Meri zindagi ka Bharosa nhi hai".

"Stop it. Khabardar ko ek aur lafz bola toh. You're not a Coward and I know that. Baba sahab ne tumhein harna nhi sikhaya hai", she said.

Encouraged by her willingness to consider a path of healing, Murtasim nodded earnestly. "Meerab, I want to be the person you deserve. It won't be easy, but I am willing to put in the effort. I just hope you can find it in your heart to give me a chance to make things right."

She pulled him is a tight hug. Placing all her wait on him she held him tightly by placing her head on his chest. His heart was pounding in his ribcage.

As she hugged him he felt like his soul has
Travelled through all the skies in a blink. The all he wanted was to stop the time for eternity. 

The evening breeze carried a mixture of anticipation and hope as Murtasim and Meerab stood facing each other, the sunset serving as a backdrop to their tentative steps toward reconciliation.

To be continue...

Feedbacks>>>>>