Segment 1

"Main uss Ghamandi, magroor aur battamiz ladki ke sath hargiz shaadi nhi karunga", he spoke firmly. Anger was boiling in his veins. He was about to leave but his mother stopped him and asserted," Mere faisle ki Touhin nhi kar sakte tum murtasim, main khanum hu yahan ki pura hayedarabad chalta hoga tumhare isharon pe magar yahan meri baat chalti hai, khandan me koi meri Touhin nhi kar sakta ".

He looked at his mother exclaimed," Aap sayad bhul rahi hain iss khandan ka sarwara main hu. Yeh khandan mujhse hai, main khandan se nhi". He left the room after throwing his words firmly. He was not ready for this marriage at all.

Meerab heared it from a far. She felt bad for herself. Ever since he understood love.  she is in love with murtasim. She always thought that one day they will get married but he refused to this marriage. Her heart get broken into million pieces.' Kya woh kisi aur se mohabbat karta hoga?' This question start ringing in her head.

She rushed towards her room and shut the door while trying hard to control her tears. She still remember that when she was a silly teenager she used to write letters for murtasim but never get some courage to sent them to him.

She lived in Karachi since childhood with waqas and aneela.  But when she used to come to Hyderabad during her summer vacations, she just used to spend time with Murtasim. They were good friends from childhood but after Shahnawaz uncle's death everything shattered down between them.

He was not her best friend anymore. He got busy in his Feudal duties. She always asked him to talk to her but he denied to it by saying that he's busy, he don't have time to listen to her talks.

After that he never ever attended her birthday. Only her sixteenth birthday was the day when she meet him for the last time. He never talk to her after that day.

Its been five years when she saw him on her birthday. She thought he will talk to her but he just uttered a birthday wish to her. Not happily but as a formality.

He was not the same Murtasim anymore. He changed himself alot in these five long years. She still remember the day when she get to know about that waqas and aneela are not her parents. She was just 10 year's old, she was crying badly after that. Murtasim was her only support system. He console her hy saying," Kya hua woh log tumhare apne maa baba nhi huye toh magar tumhe apni beti ki tarah pyaar karte hain, rou nhi meeru". He was only 13 year's old but she felt safe and protected around him.

One day she overheared their parents that one day she and murtasim will get married. After that announcement everything changed in her. Her care towards murtasim turn into love. She always thought that he loves her too. But one day he stopped talking to her. She cried alot but didn't said anything to him or anyone. She console her heart by saying that one day he will be her husband. She dreamed for it since her teenage.

Meerab always lived in a fairytale where a prince took princess to his world and they lived happily ever after. She always imagined that when she and murtasim will get married they too will live a happy life. Her fairytale imagination got shattered down when she overheard him refusing to marry her by saying that she's 'Ghamandi, magroor and badtameez'.

Her heart was paining. He was no more her Murtasim. He's now only a feudal lord. She wiped her tears and get away from the room. She rushed towards maa begum in a hurry but collided with a huge rock. She was about to fall but two arms catch her by her waist.

His brown orbs meets with her doe eyes. They were Looking at them intensely. Like time was passing slowly around them. The time stopped around them. Meerab pulled herself from his grip and left from their without saying anything. He looked at her departure form. He can sensed that she's hurted with something but don't know that he's the reason.

*****

"Maa begum main andar aa sakti hu?", she asked for permission." Aao meerab isme puchne wali kya baat hai?", maa begum said with a smile. She looked at maa begum then on the other side. Maa begum understood that she's here to say something.

"Kuch bolna hai?", she asked. Meerab looked at her then revealed," maa begum mujhe murtasim se shaadi nhi karni, aap ish rishtey se mana kar dein". Maa begum galred at her." Tum dono ko mazak lag raha hai yeh baat? Khandan  ke sabhi logon ko kharab pohocha di gayi hai ke tum dono ki shaadi hai, aab tum log piche nhi hatt sakte main koi baat nhi sunungi", she snapped.

Meerab left the place sadly because there was no use to argue with maa begum about khandan's topic. She loved  him more than anything but But she doesn't want them to get married forcefully. She was not in mood to talked to anyone so she headed towards terrace. She sat there while gazing at the starry sky. Peaceful breeze are making the environment calm and cool. She took a deep breath calming her heart and mind for sometimes.

Her phone ringed, she received the call," Hello, kya kaam hai?", she asked with annoyance." Meerab tum party mein nhi aayi, tumhari birthday ke liye maine kitne pyar se party rakhi thi", rohail stated with disappointment." I'm sorry for that, main hayedarabad mein hu", she apologize." Khair, meerab you know we're friends so min tumhe bolna chahta hu ke i'm in love with you, maine kitni bar bola hai mera proposal accept kar lo na ", as rohail revealed Meerab's blood boils. Her anger took its place back." Ayinda mujhe call mat karna warna university ke playground mein dafna dungi aur tumhara pura khandan saalo  tak laash nhi dhundh payega", she said angrily.

She cut the call and slam her phone on the floor. Her anger was same as Murtasim's. BOLD!. Her broken phone was lying near Murtasim's feet. Who's looking at her with wide eyes." Yeh kiska gussa phone pe utar rahi ho?", he asked her. Her ears are not believing that he talked to her from himself.

"Tumse matlab?", she said with an irritated face." Mujhse matlab, i'm just asking you okay. Kisse dhamki de rahi thi phone pe ", he said." Apne kaam se kaam rakho tum. Mere neeji  mamlon mein mat aao", she said." Neeji mamla, tum bhul rahi ho ke main tumhara...", he paused.

"Tum mere kuch nhi lagte, isi liye bol rahi hu mere mamle se durr raho", she said and was about to leave but he held her wrist tightly and pulled her towards himself with much force that she collided in his chest. Her heart skipped a beat.

"Maa ko jaa kar nikah ke liye mana kar do, main tumse nikah karna nhi chahta", he said firmly. She pulled her wrist from his grip and replied," main bhi marr nhi jaa rahi tumse shaadi karne ke liye, aur rahi baat mana karne ki toh woh main kar ke aayi hu, tumhe agar itni hi problem hai toh khud kyu nhi mana kar dete". Her words are not louder but still he can feel the weight of her words.

"Main mana kar chuka hu, koi meri baat nhi maan raha", he said while ahe stopped in her way. She turn and looked at his face." Tum toh Iss khandan ke sarwara ho, tumhare faisle chalte hain yahan, jao roko sab", she said.

"Maa meri baat manne ko taiyar nhi hai", he said." Jahan tumhari baat taali jaa rahi hai wahan tumhe yeh kyu lagta ke mujh jaisi mamuli ladki ki baat ko ahmiyat di jayegi?", she spilled. He thought for a second, yes it's true that his mother is stubborn more than him. If she took this decision to get them married then there is no one to change her decision.

He took a deep breath,"Thik hai karte hain shaadi, magar mujhse koi umeed mat rakhna", he spoke. She was not in a mood to argue with him. Now she don't wanna marry him, after knowing that there is no future." Mujhe nhi karni yeh shaadi", she uttered again.

"Aab kuch badal nhi sakta", he replied and leave from there. Everything isn't going normally she thought and followed him. They came downstairs one by one.

" Hum Shaadi ke liye raazi hain", he said to his mother. Maa begum bless them by placing her hand on their heads. Everyone was very happy except haya who love murtasim.

To be continue....

Feedback and suggestions >>>>