𝐢𝐯. pieces of history !

Start from the beginning

She wanted to claim that it was just her subconscious fears. Her trauma that was resurfacing after her time Under the Mountain. But the chill that always ran down her spine upon hearing those words told her something different. And the added unease she felt when in the Seelie Court only added to her assumption that the threat was not just that, but also a warning. A guarantee from the ghosts of her past. 

Was Viktor truly gone?

She didn't get the chance to mull it over as a frantic voice spiked through her mind.

Ana! Ana!

Ana stiffened, her eyes going wide as she felt another cold sweat bead along her skin. Feyre? What's wrong?

I cant⎯ I can't breathe! She sounded desperate, like she was dying. I can't

The blonde wasted no time winnowing to her friend. Due to her belonging to no court, Ana could freely pass through barriers and boundaries without a problem. Which is how she found herself standing in the bathroom of Feyre and Tamlin's shared room.

Ana was at Feyre's side instantly, holding her hair back as the poor girl retched into the toilet. Whatever food she'd managed to eat throughout the day was now in the basin, which wasn't much. Ana rubbed Feyre's back softly, whispering soothing words to the girl as she continued to gag and heave. 

It took a few minutes for Feyre to calm down. Once Ana was sure she was done, she summoned a glass of water and a cloth, kneeling at Feyre's side. She wiped the Archeron's mouth of any remaining vomit and handed her the glass.

"Swish it around your mouth and spit it out." Feyre listened, Ana continuing to wipe her mouth and forehead free of sweat and puke. Ana stopped long enough for Feyre to spit into the toilet, wiping her mouth once more before making the cloth disappear. "Now, I want you to take a deep breath, hold it for eight seconds, then let it out. Can you do that for me?"

Feyre nodded and did as Ana instructed. She repeated the movement four more times, her heart finally settling within her chest. When the last breath left her lips, she allowed herself to fall into the comforting arms of her friend. 

Ana ran her fingers through Feyre's hair, pressing the occasional kiss to her crown. Feyre allowed herself to be held, finding a type of comfort in Ana's embrace that she didn't get with Tamlin or Lucien or Ianthe. By the Mother, how she missed her friend. Her sister.

"Thank you," Feyre managed, her throat scratchy and sore. 

The blonde sighed softly. "Of course, Fey. I told you that if you ever needed me, I'd be there. Whether it's something as simple as killing a spider, I'll be there."

Feyre felt tears prick her eyes. "Really?"

Ana pulled away enough to meet Feyre's tired eyes. "Of course. You're my sister, Fey. If not my blood, then by choice. I'll do whatever I can to help you."

"But why?" Feyre couldn't understand. "I I stabbed you. I killed you."

"And while doing so, you saved me." Ana felt no anger toward Feyre for her actions. If she hadn't stabbed her, Ana wouldn't be what she was now. A fully-realized hybrid. She cupped the girl's cheeks and brushed away stray tears. "Feyre, I hold no grudges. I have been where you are now. The guilt, the nightmares, the inability to feel better. I've lived it. And that's why I want you to come to me. Because I know how to help you. I want to help you. So let me."

Feyre nodded, more tears falling from her eyes as she pulled Ana into a tight hug. "Thank you, Ana. For everything."

"Of course." Ana smiled gently. "I'll always be here. Always."