Bella

I stood outside the building that had James Michaels written on. Outside was security and people streaming in. I breathe out before walking over.

The security steps aside and lets me through. I was often at events, parties and gatherings. LA was a big place yet, the community of the wealthy was close. They all knew of each other or know each other business. You are invited to things based on your last name and amount of wealth you sit on.

I knew about the Devereux's. Everyone fucking did. The twins were topic of conversation everywhere as I grew up. I just never busied myself with people's lives. I had one focus growing up and that was be successful at whatever I do. Clothes just what I loved.

When I struck that deal, I didn't know I struck it with the wealthiest royalty person from France? I just needed not to be a joke? I was tired of my family's sad eyes and worries for me but they were more on my back now that I was dating Carter fucking Devereux.

Here I was slightly excited to spend time with my new friend I guess? Maybe sex buddies? I wasn't sure. Everything about him was the definition of a sex symbol. He was tall, beautiful, broad with tattoos and a nose ring.

One thing I know, I can never have sex with that man again. I almost screamed out I loved him. I need to refocus.

I walk into the gallery and look around to see the friends. James was being congratulated and I watch Carter smiling for his friend in admiration. He wore a suit tailored to perfection.

"Hey." I say stopping next to Carter. He looks at me and a smile breaks. "So you do look good in black." He says and I chuckle.

"Hey Bella." Jackson says who was wrapped around Ivy. The identical twin thing made my brain confused for a few seconds. If he wasn't wrapped around Ivy, I could have confused him for Carter. I notice Jackson's nose ring was still in.

"Hey!" Ivy says smiling, Billie greets me as she hugs me. I must have really drunk bonded with these people.

"Lets get you a drink." Carter says as he takes my hand. His hand on my lower back, he guides me through the crowd to the bar. He hands me a champagne glass and has one himself. He looked good. Black pants, black buttoned up shirt tucked in neatly showing off his broad shoulders and arms. He was toned, not overly muscles.

"Thank you." I say and he steps closer. "Youre going to have to sell this thing tonight."

I look up at him, grab his shirt pulling him down. "I dont need to sell anything." I tell him before I press my lips against his. I wasn't sure why kissing him particularly felt so good?

Someone clears there throat next to us making us break the kiss. I reach out to wipe my gloss of his lips, as he smiles at this.

"Mother." He says as he looks at the woman next to us. Well that was an introduction for sure.

"Carter." She says smiling. Even her smile was cold. She was a slim woman. Long hazel coloured straight hair. She looked young. I know her kid was only 21, but she looked good for her age. As if she takes care of herself and eats clean. She had on a diamond necklace, diamond earrings. She wore a Chanel bag and wore matching chanel black dress. Her hair swooped carefully behind her ears down her shoulders.

I was suddenly really conscious that this was a bad idea and she was going to see through us. Was I supposed to bend my head or something for the royal woman? I start panicking on the inside a little. "Are you not going to introduce me to the young lady?"

"Mother. This is Isabella. My girlfriend." He says as he looks at me. He seemed to be more tense than usual with her around. "Hi, it is nice to meet you." I say extending my hand. She looks at me for a second and then her son. "You did not mention you had a girlfriend?" She says to him. She looks back at me taking my hand.