7

Bella

All day at work I have been thinking about this evening. I sat through my meetings thinking of Carter. It drove me insane.

I spend the last hour of work sketching and drawing before I head home. I walk into my bedroom and scream out seeing Selina laying in my bed reading a magazine. Her blonde hair spread across my pillow.

She gets up laughing as I clutch my chest. "Selina! Are you fucking crazy! You scared me."

"Surprise! I am baaaaack." She says and I jump on her hugging her. "Oh how I have missed you. How was Sydney?"

"It was fucking wild. I needed to be home though, all that travelling. I missed my other half." She says hugging me again.

I have met Selina when I started High School. Unlike Carter, I wasnt a boarding school child. I was a private school kid and freshman year, Selina and I got lost and helped each other figure out where we were supposed to go. Since then we have been inseparable.. she has been traveling the last 6 months.

We were ying and yang. She was the nice happy who supported me blind.

"Whats been going on? Lets get dinner. I want to tell you all about Australia and East Asia." She says pulling her hair into a bun.

"I am so excited!" I say. "I want to see all the new dresses and sketches. Also what happened to the NHL guy? You still forcing yourself to like him?"

"Oh shit." I say. I need to text Carter and cancel. I felt so bad but Selina just returned.. I couldn't ditch her? Hes been texting me all day and its been distracting.

"No more NHL guy. I busted him cheating and in his apartment I met Carter. I could not face my sisters without my boyfriend.. Carter and I struck a deal. He pretends to be my boyfriend I return the favour for his mother."

"Wait what? Bell, that is crazy." She laughs.  "But then I started liking him and I guess he did too. He now asked if we could just be in an actual relationship."

"Show me him.." She says and I open my instagram app and show him to Selina. "Bell..." She says frowning.

"What?" I say

"You are dating Carter Devereux?"

"I know you are not much in the partying scene but he is your number one person. Him and his friends are known to throw these crazy parties. They take their trust funds abroad and throw parties in Greece and stuff. I have been to one of their parties."

"He is trying to be more sensible, focus on building his company." I say sitting down.

"Oh God... you are falling for the bad boy.. why not the twin? He is the angelic looking one?"

"Is that a bad thing? If I have feelings for a boy? I never felt this way for anyone." I say feeling the ability to be truthful to myself and the comfort of Selina.

"Just dont want to see you get hurt..." She says and I nod.

"I know.. anyway... lets get dinner. Get drinks. Im so happy you are back." I tell her.

"Me too." She says. "Now what can I steal?" She says walking into my closet. I have not replied back to Carter's message earlier so I text him quickly cancelling our evening.

He calls me right after as Selina walks back out the closet holding up a dress and I nod at her answering.

"Hey Carter." I answer as she raises her eyebrows.

"Hey." Carter says. "You good?"

"Yeah. I am really sorry, Selina is back home and I didnt know she was back today." I tell him.